checking in

General hangout discussion area for other non-printing stuff
Windshadow
Printmaster!

checking in

Post by Windshadow »

Hi gang just got sprung from rehab ( i broke my neck C2 3 weeks ago ...sofar no neurologic impairment but i am in an Aspen collar 24-7 for 9 more weeks and i had a friend pack away my printer and all its assorted gear and clutter until I'm no longer have to wear the darn thing)

but it is nice to see my compute screen again and to read the forum... i will try to get caught up over the next few days and to contribute when i can but the printer setup and all the cables and ancillary stuff create to much of a tripping hazard of now
cheers
r
Mac The Knife
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: checking in

Post by Mac The Knife »

So, skydiving is out for the rest of the year?
R-Max V2
Eris
Folger Tech FT-5 R2
Xenocrates
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Xenocrates »

It's good to hear you're back, and more so that a nasty injury like that doesn't sound like it will keep you down too much long term.
Machines:
Rostock Max V2, Duet .8.5, PT100 enabled E3D V6 and volcano, Raymond style enclosure
Automation Technology 60W laser cutter/engraver
1m X-carve router

Sic Transit Gloria Mundi
01-10011-11111100001
626Pilot
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by 626Pilot »

Good to see you back!
3D-Print
Printmaster!

Post by 3D-Print »

Wow! Glad you are on the mend and no neurological issues.
My 3D-Printing learning curve is asymptotic to a Delta's X, Y and Z-axes
Windshadow
Printmaster!

Post by Windshadow »

thanks gang 9 more weeks in the collar and the next milestone is the new pictures by the end of the month; which means a ride back to portland but this time not in an ambulance with lights flashing and making a racket with its gear like the last time but in my MINI... though with my sister (aka speed racer) driving :D
Windshadow
Printmaster!

Post by Windshadow »

thanks gang 9 more weeks in the collar and the next milestone is the new pictures by the end of the month; which means a ride back to portland but this time not in an ambulance with lights flashing and making a racket with its gear like the last time but in my MINI... though with my sister (aka speed racer) driving :D
Qdeathstar
Printmaster!

Post by Qdeathstar »

Yikes. My uncle broke his beck in the same place and can't walk and has limited movement in hands...

C2 vertebrae are nothing but problems.. We should get rid of them.

The real question is... Can you even print?
Windshadow
Printmaster!

Post by Windshadow »

i will be fine if i stick to the 24/7 rules on the collar and don't pick ip anything that weighs more than 6lbs raise my elbows above my shoulder try to get anything that is be;ow knee level .
all my 3D printing stuff was in a spare room and is now packed away so the room can be set up for PE and OT sessions every other day while i am in the collar.
i live alone so when my sister returns to santa fe nm at the the end of this month it will be a county access van 2 times a week for marketing till the collar is off and i can drive again...

top tip when you get old enough to need to go to the toilet several times in the night .... always turn on enough lights to see your way and remove any scatter rugs that might be in that path. i had gotten into the habit over the years of just having a night light in the bath room and keeping things dark to get back to sleep quickly after needed pilgrimages to the porcelain god.
i must have slipped and hit my head on the bed as i fell thank god i woke up after a few hours and my cell phone was charging on the bedside table so i could call 911
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

Welcome back Windshadow and I do hope you heal okay. I love your postings and had missed them.
“ Do Not Regret Growing Older. It is a Privilege Denied to Many. ”
626Pilot
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by 626Pilot »

If you need help with shopping, see if there are any delivery services in your area, such as Amazon Fresh and Prime Now. There are many others, varying by location. Some stores have their own delivery services. Anyway, I don't even go shopping anymore, and I love it! Some delivery services will leave the groceries at the door, if you tell them to, so you don't have to scramble when you hear the doorbell.
Windshadow
Printmaster!

Post by Windshadow »

thanks for the tips and the good wishes gang. monday i go for a cat scan and a consult with the experts.

thankfully my masonic lodge has been fantastic sorting stuff like shopping and transport to doctors appointments.

as to using my printer.
well my carefully set up card tables etc with the layered filing system (piles to everyone else) fell prey to my sisters clean sweep of "messing clutter" clearing and thet now reside in boxes in the spare bedroom... as does my printer.... she said it was to remove tripping hazards which is fair enough i guess as with this damm collar i can't look at my feet.

best guess it will be the end of october before i can put my 3d printer back into operation ... till then i will be monitoring developments here but with not a lot to contribute i fear.

so wish me luck for the big exam on monday.... so far the only neuro .impact has been occasional intense pain from the right occipital nerve now being treated with Gabropentin

cheers
Windy
mhackney
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by mhackney »

Wow, that's quite a re-introduction! Good luck with the exam. Break a leg :shock:

Sublime Layers - my blog on Musings and Experiments in 3D Printing Technology and Art

Start Here:
A Strategy for Successful (and Great) Prints

Strategies for Resolving Print Artifacts

The Eclectic Angler
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

Thank goodness you cannot see your feet, that toenail fungus will grow fine without you seeing it. :)
I just had a cat scan on my kidneys and it was great compared to an MRI, the MRI is so loud you get out of it with a headache.
Anyway I am so glad to read your postings and having you back to pick on, you are one that has a good sense of humor and I intend
to make you smile once in a while. Seriously, heal fast and may the grace of God help you during your time of need.
“ Do Not Regret Growing Older. It is a Privilege Denied to Many. ”

Return to “The Lounge”