GeckoTek

General hangout discussion area for other non-printing stuff
Holy1
Printmaster!

GeckoTek

Post by Holy1 »

Found a new way to use my Geckotek plate from the Kickstarter campaign. I attached/taped on some PEI and it works great now :lol:
Attachments
image.jpeg
Orion to Cartesian http://forum.seemecnc.com/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=7808" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tincho85
Printmaster!

Re: GeckoTek

Post by Tincho85 »

That's mean! :P
I know PEI is awesome, I love it. But is the Gecko really that bad?
Martín S.
Captain Starfish
Printmaster!

Post by Captain Starfish »

Oh wow, that's sad.

From everyone being so excited when it first started getting whispered about, to this level of derision and scorn.
Holy1
Printmaster!

Post by Holy1 »

Captain Starfish wrote:Oh wow, that's sad.

From everyone being so excited when it first started getting whispered about, to this level of derision and scorn.
Didn't intend to be scornful. Just thought is was good use of a nice flat precut piece of steel.
Tincho85 wrote:That's mean! :P
. But is the Gecko really that bad?
It lasted about 20 prints before it started lifting. Had to use different areas of the plate until I ran out of different areas. The coating also scratched amazingly easy so the bottom side of prints had scaring.
Orion to Cartesian http://forum.seemecnc.com/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=7808" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Captain Starfish
Printmaster!

Post by Captain Starfish »

Ah, I wasn't singling you out - there aren't many (any?) good reports, it's a big disappointment after all the early hype.
Tincho85
Printmaster!

Post by Tincho85 »

Actually I'm more impressed by your machine printing upside down. I guess a leaking extruder won't be an issue there.
Martín S.
joe
Printmaster!

Post by joe »

Tincho85 wrote:Actually I'm more impressed by your machine printing upside down.
It must have its' drawbacks. The slicer would never want to slice it upside down. I bet no supports needed though. :D
Xenocrates
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Xenocrates »

No see, the slicers support it using the Australian setting. Most of the other problems can be solved with a few python scripts.

https://xkcd.com/353/
Machines:
Rostock Max V2, Duet .8.5, PT100 enabled E3D V6 and volcano, Raymond style enclosure
Automation Technology 60W laser cutter/engraver
1m X-carve router

Sic Transit Gloria Mundi
01-10011-11111100001

Return to “The Lounge”