Repetier Not Recognizing Extruder

Talk about the Repetier Host software here (http://repetier.com)
Robaire
Plasticator

Repetier Not Recognizing Extruder

Post by Robaire »

I'm using a Rostock Max V2 and just got Repetier up and running. When trying to print Repetier is unable to set the nozzle temperature, the bed temp is fine and I can see it set on the machine, however nozzle temperature remains at 0. Is there something I could be missing in the extruder settings?
Polygonhell
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: Repetier Not Recognizing Extruder

Post by Polygonhell »

Robaire wrote:I'm using a Rostock Max V2 and just got Repetier up and running. When trying to print Repetier is unable to set the nozzle temperature, the bed temp is fine and I can see it set on the machine, however nozzle temperature remains at 0. Is there something I could be missing in the extruder settings?
Are you saying that the Nozzle temperature on the LCD is 0?
If so you have a wiring issue on the hotend thermistor, it should at least report room temperature if wired correctly.
Robaire
Plasticator

Post by Robaire »

No, everything works fine with the Rostock. Repetier is failing to set the target temperature for the hot end. It can set the target for the heat bed, but the target hot end temp always remains at 0.

EDIT: So it appears I can set the temperature manually using G-Code, so the issue must be somewhere in my configuration/Repetier itself.
Polygonhell
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Polygonhell »

There isn't really any configuration in repetier host for that. It's just sending GCode commands.
If you turn on all the logging you can see what GCode command it's sending, check you have the right extruder selected in the drop down and enter the temperature.

Return to “Repetier Host”