Repetier-Server

Talk about the Repetier Host software here (http://repetier.com)
crocky
Printmaster!

Repetier-Server

Post by crocky »

This is just a how to to install it on a Windows 8.1 Tablet.

Make sure that the printer is properly configured first!

Tablet is a Winbook TW802 Windows 8.1
Printer Rostock Max V2
Repetier-Server 0.51.1 for Windows 32
Rambo Driver - from the Seemecnc download area

Install as per the instructions on the Repetier site...

Install the Rambo Driver

Confirm that your printer is working correctly as under localhost:3344

Next you will probably need to add a rule for the port 3344 in the firewall on the Windows 8.1 machine to make it visible to other machines on your network.

I can now talk to it via a Mac and iPad.

I use Kisslicer (reg) for slicing.

This will be a continuing story, I have still got to get a camera going and etc......
Bob
Rostock Max V2, Ball Cup Arms, New Carriages, HE280, Dampers, PSU Breathing, Simplify 3D, GeckoTek3D, Raspberry Pi3. Duet soon... Kossel Mini still under construction.
Delta's are the way!
crocky
Printmaster!

Re: Repetier-Server

Post by crocky »

The camera setup was pretty easy following http://www.repetier-server.com/setting- ... r-windows/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Haven't done a test print, tomorrow is looking good... I think I will need some more memory too :)
Bob
Rostock Max V2, Ball Cup Arms, New Carriages, HE280, Dampers, PSU Breathing, Simplify 3D, GeckoTek3D, Raspberry Pi3. Duet soon... Kossel Mini still under construction.
Delta's are the way!
crocky
Printmaster!

Post by crocky »

I have spent the last couple of weeks trying to get the following setup:

Raspberry Pi 2
Powered HUB
WiFi LAN Card

The idea was to get the server to run with the above hardware. After numerous trials and all the possible configurations that it could be used I am still getting a few wait(s) in the computer software this causes the printer to pause for a split second. The results are not too bad but there is a patch where you can see that the head has stopped moving for a split second and made a dent.

The last config that was tried was just a Rpi with it's own 2.5amp PSU the WiFi USB dongle and the Rostock printer. The software was the basic Raspian with update and upgrade and no other mods. The repetier-server 0.60.3 was then loaded and configured for the Rostock printer.

When printing to the Rostock the thing works well for a time but it occasionally put a wait(s) and halts momentarily until it is ready (it must be busy doing something) then continues to print. Are the wait(s) generated by the Raspberry Pi 2 or by the printer?

If run from a Mac with Repetier-Host there is no problem.

Any idea how I can get rid of the wait(s)?

I will continue testing with the window server and see whether I get wait(s) there as well...
Bob
Delta's are the way!
crocky
Printmaster!

Post by crocky »

Repetier-Server is working very well with Windows 8.1. I have just done a couple of 4hr print jobs with no problems, I will be leaving it like this for a while :)
Bob
Delta's are the way!
JFettig
Printmaster!

Post by JFettig »

I have experienced the same and worse with my Banana Pro(little more power than RPi2). It uses minimal CPU but still has waits, or even worse, it'll completely crash and the printer will just stop and stay hot until I go stop it - one time overnight. I have also had it switch to extruder 2 and keep printing while extruder 1 is the hot one, so nothing comes out, it just chewed right through the filament. I wish it would work flawlessly but it doesn't, so I don't use it. I left it plugged in for monitoring for a while until I had a glitch doing that, it stopped the print. Now its 100% unplugged and runs off the SD card again.
teoman
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by teoman »

I also had high hopes for the banana pro. But i was getting random pauses.

It was very convenient and nice to use. But it just did not work properly.

I was going to bypass the usb and use a serial to serial connection to the rambo but did not find the time. So it juat sits idle.
When on mobile I am brief and may be perceived as an arsl.
crocky
Printmaster!

Post by crocky »

That's a bit of a shame.

I have gone off the Pi2 for the time being until there can be something worked out with the wait(s) that keep happening.

I have been running it flawlessly on Windows 8.1 on the Winbook. Just done a couple of 20 hour print jobs without any problems and it really looks nice now. I will think about trying to work on the Pi when I get around to it...
Bob
Delta's are the way!
crocky
Printmaster!

Post by crocky »

JFettig wrote:I have experienced the same and worse with my Banana Pro(little more power than RPi2). It uses minimal CPU but still has waits, or even worse, it'll completely crash and the printer will just stop and stay hot until I go stop it - one time overnight. I have also had it switch to extruder 2 and keep printing while extruder 1 is the hot one, so nothing comes out, it just chewed right through the filament. I wish it would work flawlessly but it doesn't, so I don't use it. I left it plugged in for monitoring for a while until I had a glitch doing that, it stopped the print. Now its 100% unplugged and runs off the SD card again.
Did you have chat with Roland, I even had him doing tests for me. Apparently it works fine on his gear and I did the print tests he used and it was fine for me too, just gets the odd error when a live print is happening.
Bob
Delta's are the way!
JFettig
Printmaster!

Post by JFettig »

Yes, we exchanged quite a few emails. I wasted lots of filament on failed parts
crocky
Printmaster!

Post by crocky »

Well you have done about all you can do.

My next thing will be to try Octoprint on the rpi2 just to prove that it can be made to work without errors (if it works) and then I'll go from there again. I would really like it to work with repetier-server though!
Bob
Delta's are the way!
teoman
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by teoman »

It is excellent when it works.

Makes the printermuch more user friendly.
crocky
Printmaster!

Post by crocky »

Well I have the printer all going so well running the Repetier-Server and Windows and merrily building lamps when the hot end decides to be a little difficult and ooze some black stuff from the insulator. I was planning on changing it to an E3D.... So I am busy changing the hot end.... :)
Bob
Delta's are the way!
teoman
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by teoman »

Do you have level shifters?

I am still wondering if the usb driver is the culprit. And if going to direct serial port connection would cure the issue.

Return to “Repetier Host”