Initial Configuration and Setup of Repetier Host?

Talk about the Repetier Host software here (http://repetier.com)
noishi
Prints-a-lot

Initial Configuration and Setup of Repetier Host?

Post by noishi »

I have been using Matter Control for several months now and getting comfortable with navigating it. I was interested in trying Repetier Host, but am a little confused with getting it initially setup. Are there any good guides to follow, aside from the tutorials on the repetier site, on how to setup? Do I need to reset my end stops, horizontal radius, and/or z=0 for the new software? Currently when I am using repetier host with the same configuration and settings as matter control, my z=0 is about 5mm above the build plate. Thanks for helping out a newbie! :D
mhackney
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: Initial Configuration and Setup of Repetier Host?

Post by mhackney »

We all started with RH so there is lots of info. I think Gene's manual (you may have to find an earlier version, say early 2014) covers Repetier Host.

The actual printer configuration is initially set in the firmware, not the control host. However, Repetier Host has a special feature that it can access the EEPROM on the RAMBo to set many configuration parameters there. I don't know if MC uses the EEPROM or not. If it does, that might explain your Z height difference. Otherwise, that should not change when switching hosts.

Sublime Layers - my blog on Musings and Experiments in 3D Printing Technology and Art

Start Here:
A Strategy for Successful (and Great) Prints

Strategies for Resolving Print Artifacts

The Eclectic Angler

Return to “Repetier Host”