Max V2 Cura Repetier host settings

Talk about Cura software here (http://wiki.ultimaker.com/Cura)
shentheory
Printmaster!

Max V2 Cura Repetier host settings

Post by shentheory »

So I've been using Slic3r for a few months now, and have seen a few times that Cura often produces better slicing and prints. I downloaded the Cura standalone, but i wont lie, it was pretty daunting. I like that it slices in "Real Time", but the print settings are laid out/worded so differently than slic3r, that it will just take me a while to get use to the interface .

My question is, being that Cura is also integrated into repetier-host, would someone who uses Cura in repetier-host be willing to share their .rcp settings for the Rostock Max V2? This way I can look at the settings knowing they will work, and start adjusting things to better learn how to use Cura.

As always, much appreciated!!!!
redoverred
Printmaster!

Re: Max V2 Cura Repetier host settings

Post by redoverred »

Here ya go, I think this is the most updated version I have so far!
Rostock Max v2.rcp.txt
RCP file - remove .txt extension
(3.22 KiB) Downloaded 1592 times
shentheory
Printmaster!

Post by shentheory »

redoverred wrote:Here ya go, I think this is the most updated version I have so far!
Rostock Max v2.rcp.txt

you are the best!!! thanks a ton!!!
longshot
Prints-a-lot

Post by longshot »

Dumb question . . . any concerns if i plugged in your file on my regular V1 Rostock?
3D-Print
Printmaster!

Post by 3D-Print »

redoverred wrote:Here ya go, I think this is the most updated version I have so far!
Rostock Max v2.rcp.txt
Thanks for the post and your settings. I've looked at Cura and it seems like a good product. I will play some more.
My 3D-Printing learning curve is asymptotic to a Delta's X, Y and Z-axes
cweiss
Plasticator

Post by cweiss »

Do you know which version of Cura that was exported from? I'm trying to get local slicing in OctoPrint to work and am struggling with getting a functional Cura profile for the Max V2. The Cura engine in OctoPrint requires using V15.04 or earlier due to profile file format changes.

Return to “Cura”