Flex3Drive

The RAMBo board is finally here, and here's a place to talk about it!
Rjaallen
Plasticator

Flex3Drive

Post by Rjaallen »

Hi all,

New member forum member here, although I've had the RMax for nearly a year now!

Anyway as per title I'm trying to install a flex3drive (http://mutley3d.com/Flex3Drive/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) on the Rmax but can't work out how to change the extruder step rate,

the instructions suggest that the extruder step rate should be increased from 1/16 to 1/8 but in the repetier configuration.h I only see the following line...

/** \brief Micro stepping rate of X, Y and Y tower stepper drivers */
#define MICRO_STEPS 16

So anyone know if this effects the extruder motor also? and basically will this affect the whole printer (in a bad way) if I change this value to 8? Anyway to change just the extruder step rate?

So if anyone has any advice etc etc or has done this before any help would be much appreciated,

Cheers,

Rob
Polygonhell
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: Flex3Drive

Post by Polygonhell »

You need to change this line in configuration.h

#define MICROSTEP_MODES {8,8,8,8,8} // [1,2,4,8,16]

Your's will likely read 16 across the board if you have anything but a V1, the last two numbers are for the extruders.

The other thing you'll certainly have to change dramatically with a 40:1 geared extruder is retraction speed, you'll have to drop it way down, I would start at 10mm/s and listen to see if it skips. Also with a direct drive extruder retraction < 1mm is not uncommon.
Rjaallen
Plasticator

Re: Flex3Drive

Post by Rjaallen »

Ah thankyou so much! :D

Not quite sure how I missed that in the first place!

Thanks again,

Rob

Return to “RAMBo”