Shameless Rambo Commerce

The RAMBo board is finally here, and here's a place to talk about it!
mrbi11
Printmaster!

Shameless Rambo Commerce

Post by mrbi11 »

Greetings,

Rambo seemed a good starting point for a new CNC machine (skipping boring part) and I needed to mount them
in a card slot. The "Standard" Rambo card has connectors which stick past the edge on 3 sides, so eventually
I had some custom built. I had to buy quite a few to get a decent price, so now they are for sale.

I have some other upgrades some rostock specific, some e3d-hot end specific for sale as well, all designed by me.
They all sell on me3d.us, (ME3D.US) (not .com) which I finally managed to open a few days ago.

So as a modest gran opening sort of deal, the Rambo price on me3d.us is standard $165
but for the next week can be purchased with coupon code FIRSTWEEK (all caps) at 40% discount or $99.
Please respect a limit of 5 per person so everyone who wants one can get one.

This is lower than the red knock off cards which use cheaper parts and connectors.
Our cards are 100% made from the open source hardware design for Rambo v1.2.
Most of our cards have the wire connector for the heater circuits substituted for a connector which does not
prevent mounting in a card slot (which is labeled v1.2x to distinguish it). We have a few of the other style connector as well at the same price.
You can get the assembled PCB board by itself, with loose connecters (like ultimachine's), or made up pigtails, or pigtails plus two made up thermistors.
The picture shows the connector choice.
The card is used in our Rostock Max for months now, and we are quite proud of the quality.

[img]http://me3d.us/imagemin43/cache/data/ra ... 00x500.png[/img]

We also have an upgraded mounting system which is almost insensitive to temperature changes for calibration, and shock mounted on springs so forgiving of miscalibration.

And a 1 kw (yes killowatt) heated bed for Rostock and printers under 12" x 12", which draws main power from AC, and electrically opto isolated
from the same control circuit which drives any heated printer board from 3 to 24 volts. IT HEATES FASTER THAN THE HOT END, so no waiting ever again.

We have a vastly improved brass extruder tip for e3d hot end (or any m6 thread hot end -- NOT seemecnc head compatible) again custom made fom me3d design.
Orifices available from 0.1mm (use 0.1mm only if you are a glutton for punishment!), 0.2mm, 0.3mm, 0.4mm, 0.5mm, 0.6mm, 0.7mm, 0.8mm and 1.0mm
Reprap makerbot tips are m6 as well, but check your threads if you are not sure!

Some other parts as well difficult to find in the US, such as 2.5 amp motors nema 17 and nema 23 (as opposed to the usual 1 amp cheapies),
a 40 or 60 watt sub miniature heater cartridge upgrade to the seemecnc hot end, 1 cartridge replaces BOTH resistors, and has 1 meter high temp insulated leads,
and 100k thermistor assemblies with 1 meter leads, no assembling spider fine wires, shorting them because the insualtion slipped, just plug in and go.

best regards to all. Hope you will visit me3d.us (ME3d.US) (not .com)

Return to “RAMBo”