using repetier firmware 0.91 rev 7

The RAMBo board is finally here, and here's a place to talk about it!
barnett
Printmaster!

using repetier firmware 0.91 rev 7

Post by barnett »

Hi,

I have some questions about how to setup rev7. I've seen a few people using it, so I thought I would try it, but it's not working for me yet.

I'm coming from the seemecnc 0.91 RostockMax edition and I'm using repetier host mac v0.56. It's been working for me except for some freezing up described by seemecnc here. I was hoping rev7 might resolve this freezing and have other improvements.

I downloaded 0.91 rev7 from github and went though configuration.h to make edits to match what I had from the smc 0.91. These edits included the following:

Code: Select all

#define HAVE_HEATED_BED true

// Select type of your heated bed. It's the same as for EXT0_TEMPSENSOR_TYPE
// set to 0 if you don't have a heated bed
#define HEATED_BED_SENSOR_TYPE 97                          // I changed to 97; rev7 as downloaded had 1

/** Analog pin of analog sensor to read temperature of heated bed.  */
#define HEATED_BED_SENSOR_PIN TEMP_BED_PIN         // I changed to TEMP_BED_PIN; rev7 as downloaded had TEMP_1_PIN         

/** \brief Pin to enable heater for bed. */
#define HEATED_BED_HEATER_PIN HEATER_BED_PIN      // I changed to HEATER_BED_PIN; rev7 as downloaded had HEATER_1_PIN
Doing the same in pins.h, I had to make these edits to match the smc v0.91:

#define HEATER_1_PIN   7        // I changed to 7; rev7 as downloaded had 3
#define TEMP_1_PIN     3         // I changed to 3; rev7 as downloaded had 2

#define HEATER_2_PIN   -1      // I changed to -1; rev7 as downloaded had 7
#define TEMP_2_PIN     -1        // I changed to -1; rev7 as downloaded had 1

I did not have to edit the values assigned to HEATER_BED_PIN or TEMP_BED_PIN because they already matched the smc v0.91 values:

#define HEATER_BED_PIN 3
#define TEMP_BED_PIN   2
So when I load this firmware, repetier host no longer gets a temp reading from the heated bed. I can turn on the heat (and feel it getting hot), but no temp is reported.
v0.91 rev7.png
v0.91 rev7.png (9.51 KiB) Viewed 2669 times
At this point I reverted back to the smc v0.91 firmware and it's back to normal.
smc v0.91.png
smc v0.91.png (11.06 KiB) Viewed 2669 times
Is rev7 worth trying? What else could I do to get it working?

Thanks!
Barnett

Return to “RAMBo”