Dead RAMBO v1.3

The RAMBo board is finally here, and here's a place to talk about it!
Anton
Plasticator

Dead RAMBO v1.3

Post by Anton »

Hi all.
While changing the nozzle, I've made a terrible mistake and shortened contacts of the heater, while it was ON. LCD screen turned off, the board seems to be dead now: all LEDs are off, no power on 5V output, nothing.
I tried to remove extruder heater - the board is still dead.
I don't see any fuses on the board, so probably some mosfet has burned out. I have a heat-gun, in theory can replace something, if I find out what. Any advice, what can be damaged and how to test that?
Xenocrates
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: Dead RAMBO v1.3

Post by Xenocrates »

It's a micro fuse. The Rambo 1.3L has two of them, one which powers the logic and motors, and the other the heater and fans (According the the rep-rap wiki, but I recall the fan fuse will also shut down the whole board), and they are Littlefuse Nano2 fuses, see http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Lit ... QEM1wS4Q==
https://ultimachine.com/products/fuse-0448005-mr.

They should be by the power entry connector, one in line below it, and the other inboard near the top.
Machines:
Rostock Max V2, Duet .8.5, PT100 enabled E3D V6 and volcano, Raymond style enclosure
Automation Technology 60W laser cutter/engraver
1m X-carve router

Sic Transit Gloria Mundi
01-10011-11111100001
Anton
Plasticator

Post by Anton »

Thanks for the info! But the fuse you point out is quite expensive (considering the delivery to UK). Can I just buy any 1808 SMD 5A fuse? It will be slightly smaller, but it shouldn't be a problem, right?
Xenocrates
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Xenocrates »

If you de-solder the fuse holders, perhaps. You can also solder another fuse to the existing one. However, smaller fuses are unlikely to make good contact in the fuse holders. But since you're in the UK, trythese from Farnell UK.
Machines:
Rostock Max V2, Duet .8.5, PT100 enabled E3D V6 and volcano, Raymond style enclosure
Automation Technology 60W laser cutter/engraver
1m X-carve router

Sic Transit Gloria Mundi
01-10011-11111100001
Anton
Plasticator

Post by Anton »

Oh, I didn't know it has holders.
I've found the fuse, extracted it, it's broken. Just ordered a replacement.
Thanks for all your help, Xenocrates!
Anton
Plasticator

Post by Anton »

Replaced the fuse, now everything works!
Thank you so much! I was afraid I'd have to replace the entire board.

Return to “RAMBo”