Dual Extruders through one hot-end?

All things related to the Rostock MAX 3D Printer, the worlds FIRST Delta kit!
dpmacri
Printmaster!

Dual Extruders through one hot-end?

Post by dpmacri »

Hi guys,

I remember seeing a post but can't for the life of me find it. Someone had created a part that joined two bowden tubes into one which would allow you to feed two filaments into one hot-end. It's a way to "switch" filaments by retracting one past the split and then feeding in the other. I want to do that on my Rostock Max V1 and was hoping to grab the STL for the splitter but I can't seem to find the thread. Does that ring a bell to anyone or if perhaps the person who had done it is reading, can you post the .STL?

Thanks Much,
Dean
mhackney
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: Dual Extruders through one hot-end?

Post by mhackney »

E3D-online has a new product - Cyclops - that is a 2 in - 1 out hit end. I have one and working on installing it.

I am not aware of anything you can print to do this.

Sublime Layers - my blog on Musings and Experiments in 3D Printing Technology and Art

Start Here:
A Strategy for Successful (and Great) Prints

Strategies for Resolving Print Artifacts

The Eclectic Angler
Generic Default
Printmaster!

Post by Generic Default »

I made a design that merged up to three filaments into one single hotend in fall 2013, and someone else made one that takes two and merges them into another bowden tube a while ago. I can't find the links to them right now but I'll look more when I have time later. I made another one recently that merges up to 4 into a single hotend. It looks kind of like a dice, I'll try to get that to you also.

http://forum.seemecnc.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=2696

http://forum.seemecnc.com/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=6081" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Check out the Tri hotend!
dpmacri
Printmaster!

Post by dpmacri »

Thanks, Guys!

MHackney, I've considered the Cyclops as well but wanted to give the whole idea a try before spending $$$ on a new hot-end.

Generic Default, the second topic you linked is the one I was looking for but couldn't find! Thanks!
mhackney
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by mhackney »

I'm in the final stages of getting my Cyclops installed and running on my new TAZ printer. I can't afford to take my Rostock offline from manufacturing to try new things anymore so decided to get a cartesian to play with. Once I have it working to my satisfaction on the TAZ, I'll have the confidence to move it to the Max.

Sublime Layers - my blog on Musings and Experiments in 3D Printing Technology and Art

Start Here:
A Strategy for Successful (and Great) Prints

Strategies for Resolving Print Artifacts

The Eclectic Angler

Return to “Rostock MAX”