Inconsistent Layering

All things related to the Rostock MAX 3D Printer, the worlds FIRST Delta kit!
grimmindustries
Printmaster!

Inconsistent Layering

Post by grimmindustries »

I have been printing parts for a project and I just recently had to change my Extruders' Thermistor. Now I can't get a part to print with consistent layers. I get drooping along the edges and in the interior support.

Has anyone else seen this and know how to fix it?

Thanks,
Ron
Attachments
IMAG0257.jpg
IMAG0256.jpg
IMAG0253.jpg
Nylocke
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: Inconsistent Layering

Post by Nylocke »

What thermistor did you have, and which do you have now? Generally the 3 mainly used ones are the EPCOS, the 104GT-2, and the Honeywell axial. EPCOS is slightly larger than the GT-2 and has thicker copper leads coming off of it. The GT-2 is quite small with very thin leads that are more of a gray color. the Honeywell is an axial one, so its more like a standard resistor.

Each has a different beta value, and if you mix the GT-2 and the EPCOS around you can be around 20-30 degrees off. Sounds like you may have had the EPCOS and switched it for a GT-2, I did the opposite and I had to bump things up 20 or more degrees at times.
grimmindustries
Printmaster!

Post by grimmindustries »

Hi Nylocke,
The original thermistor was the model that comes with the latest E3D. I replaced it with a model that has a larger glass bead but same thin contacts the brand is Riorand. It flows perfectly fine, do you think I'm running too hot?
Nylocke
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Nylocke »

Possibly, though Ive never seen it flow like that. Try verifying your temps with a thermocouple. Also your thermistor setup is most likely wrong in the firmware. I don't know if there is an existing table for that thermistor (though you can check in the config file). You may have to make your own thermistor table.

Return to “Rostock MAX”