Good times, bad times....

All things related to the Rostock MAX 3D Printer, the worlds FIRST Delta kit!
DavidF
Printmaster!

Good times, bad times....

Post by DavidF »

Ugg! what a day. Im changing too many things at once. Decided to do some upgrading of my rostock V1, installing tricklaser arms and dropping the e3dv6 below the effector, added effector mounted twin 50's (yea baby) cooling fans, but at the same time I upgraded to a new coumputer (windows 8) which is becoming my nemessis... The rostock up grades went great an I am seeing a noticeable improvment over my V1 arms that to my surprise had a couple of u joints seized to the shaft. Honestly never really detected the problem as the shaft they were mounted on just decided to piviot in the 2 piece effector plate. Honestly when it comes to mechanical stuff i thought I was better than that (not noticing the seized joints)
well im running the first print since the upgrade and all I can say is WOW!!! much better!! but then comes the dark side...Windows 8 wtf?? this is totally different! I got repetier downloaded but havent figured out how to get it to connect to the printer. I downloaded the driver (I think) and arduino firmware but its just not coming together like it should and I have been unable to connect to the printer thru the computer. If it wasnt for being able to reset my z height thru the lcd I would be screwed right now! Tomorrows upgrade is installing the astrosynce dampners and I would like to be able to recalibrate the printer after doing so. But this windows 8 thing is going to plague me big time. Im sure its just a learning curve, but if you have any advic to offer im open to suggestions....
http://www.youtube.com/user/aonemarine" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lost pla castings? see me
BenTheRighteous
Printmaster!

Re: Good times, bad times....

Post by BenTheRighteous »

I suggest upgrading to a Linux operating system! ;)
nitewatchman wrote:it was much cleaner and easier than killing a chicken on top of the printer.
DavidF
Printmaster!

Post by DavidF »

BenTheRighteous wrote:I suggest upgrading to a Linux operating system! ;)
Yea umm not an option....
http://www.youtube.com/user/aonemarine" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
precisionpete
Printmaster!

Post by precisionpete »

Usually when your having that much trouble getting the computer to see the printer ditch windows 8 and upgrade it to windows 7.
:mrgreen:
7 works.
8 you could get it functioning eventually but why give yourself more work over a bloody transistor box?
jdurand
Printmaster!

Post by jdurand »

Since Microsoft dropped support for 7, you know it works. :)

I wonder if old copies of 7 will be able to be re-installed in the future like XP?
Standing on the edge of reality... (me)
Quando omni flunkus moritati (Red Green)
Let no man belong to another that can belong to himself. (Paracelsus)
All things are poison and nothing is without poison; only the dose makes a thing not a poison. (Ibid.)
Mac The Knife
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Mac The Knife »

BenTheRighteous wrote:I suggest upgrading to a Linux operating system! ;)
And some would consider that a downgrade :P
R-Max V2
Eris
Folger Tech FT-5 R2
BenTheRighteous
Printmaster!

Post by BenTheRighteous »

Those people would be wrong. 8-)
nitewatchman wrote:it was much cleaner and easier than killing a chicken on top of the printer.
DavidF
Printmaster!

Post by DavidF »

I got it!! Took a fresh start and a bit of poking around, but I got it...

Return to “Rostock MAX”