Repetier 091 for Rostock MAX now available

All things related to the Rostock MAX 3D Printer, the worlds FIRST Delta kit!
aerouta
Printmaster!

Re: Repetier 091 for Rostock MAX now available

Post by aerouta »

Can someone tell my how to avoid this pulsing. I have had it before but I cannot remember what I did to resolve this. I just up graded to the new FW. It only does it if I run the scripts suggested in the manual. (G28 / G0 Z0 X0 Y90 F3500) If I wait for the G28 to complete, then give it a Z0 tower move it is fine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQ817zNl3hY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
neurascenic
Printmaster!

Post by neurascenic »

aerouta wrote:Can someone tell my how to avoid this pulsing. I have had it before but I cannot remember what I did to resolve this. I just up graded to the new FW. It only does it if I run the scripts suggested in the manual. (G28 / G0 Z0 X0 Y90 F3500) If I wait for the G28 to complete, then give it a Z0 tower move it is fine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQ817zNl3hY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mine does this as well. If I go straight down, it does not do this, if I go to any of the towers, it does.
I am a fool entrapped within my own wisdom.
neurascenic
Printmaster!

Post by neurascenic »

UnLtdSoul wrote:Got It. I Hope. I adjusted the HORIZONTAL_RADIUS (wound up at 129.5) and readjusted xyz and all axis and center are again perfect. But, is that right? Do we now skip the PRINTER_RADIUS in configuration.h and just do the calibration using the EEPROM HORIZONTAL Radius ? Makes it a lot easier if that is so, and may make it easier to attach a Z-sensor and let the machine calculate the numbers for us :) Maybe after we set the XYZ stops once to get them in set, then let a sensor calc the rest ?
I changed my HORIZONTAL_RADIUS to what I thought it should be, and it sent the head into the tower. Doesn't seem like PRINTER_RADIUS is the same thing.

Unless the calculations are totally different. Of course, since I am not yet grasping all of this, I am probably way off.
bubbasnow
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by bubbasnow »

aerouta wrote:Can someone tell my how to avoid this pulsing. I have had it before but I cannot remember what I did to resolve this. I just up graded to the new FW. It only does it if I run the scripts suggested in the manual. (G28 / G0 Z0 X0 Y90 F3500) If I wait for the G28 to complete, then give it a Z0 tower move it is fine.

at what time does it error.. i cant really see it
aerouta
Printmaster!

Post by aerouta »

bubbasnow wrote:

It occurs right after the homing is completed.
aerouta
Printmaster!

Post by aerouta »

neurascenic wrote:

Mine does this as well. If I go straight down, it does not do this, if I go to any of the towers, it does.

Yep that is the same issue I have. I get different Zheights when the motors pulse so I would be careful with that if you are calibrating.
jmpreuss
Printmaster!

Post by jmpreuss »

neurascenic wrote:
I changed my HORIZONTAL_RADIUS to what I thought it should be, and it sent the head into the tower. Doesn't seem like PRINTER_RADIUS is the same thing.

Unless the calculations are totally different. Of course, since I am not yet grasping all of this, I am probably way off.
Horizontal_radius is definitely not printer_radius.
I posted at some point what I thought the math was, but it was never confirmed or denied so don't take this as truth.
Horizontal radius = delta radius = (printer radius - end effector horizontal offset - carriage horizontal offset)
PTMNBN="Printer that must not be named" - a heavily upgraded Replicator 2
wildideas1
Printmaster!

Post by wildideas1 »

ok i have odd ?? i am running Rep 95d not 91 and i currently don't have any issues other than calibrating my .7 nozzle to run correctly went thru re calibration including PID calibration and all smooth on 95d just getting larger nozzle to work is only glitch.

Ian
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

wildideas1 wrote:ok i have odd ?? i am running Rep 95d not 91 and i currently don't have any issues other than calibrating my .7 nozzle to run correctly went thru re calibration including PID calibration and all smooth on 95d just getting larger nozzle to work is only glitch.

Ian
The 95d is the version of Repetier Host not the version of Repetier Firmware that you have.
When you go into Repetier Host and connect to the printer, you will see the display at the bottom showing information, in that
information you will see the Repetier Firmware version that you have. Repetier 0.91 is the highest at this time and if you have
not upgraded your Firmware is probably 0.83 or something similar.
bubbasnow
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by bubbasnow »

aerouta wrote:
bubbasnow wrote:

It occurs right after the homing is completed.

using this .91 firmware, anytime you G28 you will go down 5mm, then move. you have to change it in firmware if you don't want this to happen. search earlier in this post it will give details on how to set this to 0 and see if that fixes your situation.
neurascenic
Printmaster!

Post by neurascenic »

bubbasnow wrote:using this .91 firmware, anytime you G28 you will go down 5mm, then move. you have to change it in firmware if you don't want this to happen. search earlier in this post it will give details on how to set this to 0 and see if that fixes your situation.
So the pulse comes from the transition between commands? Makes sense, I guess. I will try it here shortly and report back!
thanks!
bubbasnow
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by bubbasnow »

neurascenic wrote:
bubbasnow wrote:using this .91 firmware, anytime you G28 you will go down 5mm, then move. you have to change it in firmware if you don't want this to happen. search earlier in this post it will give details on how to set this to 0 and see if that fixes your situation.
So the pulse comes from the transition between commands? Makes sense, I guess. I will try it here shortly and report back!
thanks!
what you consider a pulse might just be a natural pause between commands, if you dont put a P500 (settle time) or something in between commands you could get undesired results.

that being said, i have not modified my .91 and I am not having any issues with prints caused by this 5mm shift in z height (besides the loss of 5mm print height)
aerouta
Printmaster!

Post by aerouta »

The pulsing happens during the last command to move to the tower. It happens well after the G28 move is completed including the 5mm offset. The Rostock manual recommends the use of scripts during calibration. The pulsing is experienced while running these scripts.
neurascenic
Printmaster!

Post by neurascenic »

I might be missing something. but puttint a P500 into the script did not change anything.

is it supposed to follow an Mcode?

I don't know if what I am seeing is a problem, right now it is a curiosity.
johnoly99
Printmaster!

Post by johnoly99 »

Hey Neura!

It could be that if you leave your machine on for a long time, (10+minutes of inactivity) it disables the stepper motors. Jogging enables them again, but the second you stop jogging, it shuts them off. I'm working on the fix for this. Try power cycling your board and then homing, does the pulse go away then? Move the carriages by hand and see if the stepper motors are locked or are releasing. A quick fix is to go into eeprom from repetier host, and set the stepper disable time to 0 to eliminate that driver shutdown timer
neurascenic
Printmaster!

Post by neurascenic »

it happens every time I send the script from the build manual
G28
G0 Z0 X0 Y90 F3500

As well as the other two scripts that send the effector towards one of the towers.

If I go straight down, it does not pulse at all.

One thing of possible note, mine pulses twice, where the video that was supplied sounds like it was 3 times. But it does happen at exactly the same point. Right at the beginning of the effector heading down (second command)
bubbasnow
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by bubbasnow »

neurascenic wrote:I might be missing something. but puttint a P500 into the script did not change anything.

is it supposed to follow an Mcode?

I don't know if what I am seeing is a problem, right now it is a curiosity.

yea sorry G4 PXXX for a pause for duration in ms
aerouta
Printmaster!

Post by aerouta »

johnoly99 wrote:Hey Neura!

It could be that if you leave your machine on for a long time, (10+minutes of inactivity) it disables the stepper motors. Jogging enables them again, but the second you stop jogging, it shuts them off. I'm working on the fix for this. Try power cycling your board and then homing, does the pulse go away then? Move the carriages by hand and see if the stepper motors are locked or are releasing. A quick fix is to go into eeprom from repetier host, and set the stepper disable time to 0 to eliminate that driver shutdown timer
I don't believe the issue is which homing, or inactivity. It does it every time one of the calibration scripts in the manual are made.
bubbasnow
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by bubbasnow »

aerouta wrote:
johnoly99 wrote:Hey Neura!

I don't believe the issue is which homing, or inactivity. It does it every time one of the calibration scripts in the manual are made.
so what happens if you do

G28
G4 P500
G0 Z0 X0 Y90 F3500
aerouta
Printmaster!

Post by aerouta »

bubbasnow wrote:

G28
G4 P500
G0 Z0 X0 Y90 F3500

I am doing a print right now but I imagine that would solve it. But is that just not putting a bandage on the problem?
bubbasnow
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by bubbasnow »

aerouta wrote:
bubbasnow wrote:

G28
G4 P500
G0 Z0 X0 Y90 F3500

I am doing a print right now but I imagine that would solve it. But is that just not putting a bandage on the problem?
im running .91 and I am not having these issues. so if it fixes your issue its not a bandage, its a custom solution :)
DavidF
Printmaster!

Post by DavidF »

So, should I make the switch? I'm thinking about it, but need some convincing :D
http://www.youtube.com/user/aonemarine" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lost pla castings? see me
geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by geneb »

When you issue a G28, it homes all three axes.

The only difference between .83 and .91 is the "back off" step it takes after it hits the switches. This simply ensures that there is zero chance of an accidental end-stop activation. This can be set to zero, but I see no reason to do this.

g.
Delta Power!
Defeat the Cartesian Agenda!
http://www.f15sim.com - 80-0007, The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - Technical and Simulator Projects
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

geneb wrote:When you issue a G28, it homes all three axes.

The only difference between .83 and .91 is the "back off" step it takes after it hits the switches. This simply ensures that there is zero chance of an accidental end-stop activation. This can be set to zero, but I see no reason to do this.

g.
I don't know Gene, that loss of 5mm could forever be a constraint in using the printer when the user is printing 200mm high bunnies. :)
aerouta
Printmaster!

Post by aerouta »

bubbasnow wrote:
aerouta wrote:
bubbasnow wrote:

G28
G4 P500
G0 Z0 X0 Y90 F3500

im running .91 and I am not having these issues. so if it fixes your issue its not a bandage, its a custom solution :)
It pulses everytime the head goes down to start a print...... bandage :)

Any solutions for this?

Return to “Rostock MAX”