Repetier 091 for Rostock MAX now available

All things related to the Rostock MAX 3D Printer, the worlds FIRST Delta kit!
robstah
Plasticator

Re: Repetier 091 for Rostock MAX now available

Post by robstah »

Hey everyone, don't tell G I bought a lotto ticket after moving over to .91 and recalibrating the towers/z-height. :lol:

.91 has been great to me so far. The UI along with added smoothness is definitely better and worth the upgrade.

The only problem I have is the EEPROM pull up crashing in the latest Repetier Host .95F, but it's been doing it since .90 alpha or whatever I was on last and I've gotten used to disabling it and working my calibration through flashing instead. Once used to the Configuration.h file, I really see no advantage to the EEPROM anymore and rarely if at all touch it after everything is done. That, and I've been 100% SD card and no computer control for a while now.
wildideas1
Printmaster!

Post by wildideas1 »

BOUGHT may last year. when i ran in the NOV challenge i got second place and fought it since. my bed is slightly concave at time and that's what caused me issue on the challenge. it ran warp free for about 100hrs ran 3 36hr prints and bunch little timed ones after first completed build.. i saw the thread on upgrading to 091 and decided that i might as well as i was trying to figure out issues at hand.
1st got bed level and then figured out motor skipping, and then did the 091 upgrade last week.

it is up and running thank you and john oly, but i do have ??s things been weird since upgrade.

rep .095d rambo.091
1.rep is now locking up left and right. if i use slicer and send file it will run but if i pause then stops and only way out is e-stop.
2. i can no longer send Kisslcr file to it it just plain wont run them , when i say start run it shows in command window waiting for 1 command and then locks up.
3. when i print test cube is pretty good walls are .62,.54,.59,.64 thick 19.52 x 20.8 sq 19.72 high running .7 noz. still need understanding on the setting setup. not sq??
HELP
JohnStack
Printmaster!

Post by JohnStack »

johnoly99 wrote:Hey all,

After finishing up the ORION update, I grabbed a MAX and set it up with the new firmware.

Some things to note, first thing you need to do when you are ready to update is open arduino, then go to file>examples>eeprom>eeprom_clear and upload that little sketch first. That erases ALL eeprom values from any leftover firmware, so you know you are starting with a good clean fresh install. Other than that, make sure to recalibrate your Z and your towers, and you should be good to go! It's much smoother again, and i havn't been able to produce any of the stalled print issues that we've seen in the past, so i think that bug is now officially DOA, we hope :D

John
Questions: Is this retroactive to all boards?
What about the Z-height setting is that for minor adjustments? What does it do?
Not sure about the menu choice stuff but I sure like all the other options!
Technologist, Maker, Willing to question conventional logic
http://dropc.am/p/KhiI1a" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cosmic
Plasticator

Post by Cosmic »

Is there any particular reason why "ARC_SUPPORT" is disabled in Configuration.h ?

Not that's very important for STL-files except a slicer would have arc-fitting but there might be other sources which have G02/G03.
Lasivian
Printmaster!

Post by Lasivian »

Feels not ready for prime-time to me

18:44:35.924 : start
18:44:35.925 : N4 M105 *3
18:44:35.926 : N5 M111 S6 *66
18:44:35.927 : N6 M80 *61
18:44:35.948 : N7 M105 *0
18:44:36.348 : N1 M110 *2
18:44:37.044 : Info:External Reset
18:44:37.075 : Free RAM:1138
18:44:37.079 : X:0.00 Y:0.00 Z:0.00 E:0.00
18:44:37.092 : N1 M110 *2
18:44:37.093 : N2 M115 *4
18:44:37.101 : Error:Wrong checksum
18:44:37.101 : Resend:2
18:44:37.106 : Resend: N2 M115 *4

18:44:37.107 : N3 M111 S6 *68
18:44:37.108 : N4 M111 S6 *67
18:44:37.109 : N5 M80 *62
18:44:37.127 : FIRMWARE_NAME:Repetier_0.91 FIRMWARE_URL:https://github.com/seemecnc/Repetier-091-ROSTOCKMAX PROTOCOL_VERSION:1.0 MACHINE_TYPE:ROSTOCK MAX EXTRUDER_COUNT:1 REPETIER_PROTOCOL:2
18:44:37.129 : Printed filament:0.00m Printing time:0 days 0 hours 0 min
18:44:37.129 : Error:expected line 3 got 2
18:44:37.129 : Resend:3
18:44:37.136 : Resend: N3 M111 S6 *68
18:44:37.137 : Resend: N4 M111 S6 *67
18:44:37.138 : Resend: N5 M80 *62

18:44:37.139 : N6 M220 S100 *71
18:44:37.140 : N7 M221 S100 *71
18:44:37.141 : N8 M111 S6 *79
18:44:37.147 : Error:expected line 6 got 3
18:44:37.147 : Resend:6
18:44:37.154 : skip 4
18:44:37.154 : skip 5
18:44:37.155 : Resend: N6 M220 S100 *71
18:44:37.155 : Resend: N7 M221 S100 *71
18:44:37.156 : Resend: N8 M111 S6 *79
18:44:37.162 : Error:expected line 9 got 6
18:44:37.162 : Resend:9

18:44:38.948 : N9 M105 *14
18:44:41.949 : N10 M105 *54
geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by geneb »

Looks like comms errors to me. What host computer & baud rate are you using?

g.
Delta Power!
Defeat the Cartesian Agenda!
http://www.f15sim.com - 80-0007, The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - Technical and Simulator Projects
Lasivian
Printmaster!

Post by Lasivian »

geneb wrote:Looks like comms errors to me. What host computer & baud rate are you using?

g.
Hrrm, probably right. My notebook has had errors with high comm speeds.
Christian79
Printmaster!

NEW Endstop Offset EEPROM Options

Post by Christian79 »

I was poking around the new firmware code and came across this new (new to me at least) Endstop offset option. The option let you ADD electronically (i.e. the value can not be negative) offset to the mechanical zero point of your screw end.

Accessible from = EEPROM menu
Units of increment = Steps
80 Steps = 1mm (per Rostock hardware)
1 Step = 0.0125mm or 12.5 microns

I plan to use this new feature to convert the mechanical tower hight adjustment to a software based adjustment, but trial and error will tell if that works or not.

Example of variable declaration from my firmware file.

/** To allow software correction of misaligned endstops, you can set the correction in steps here. If you have EEPROM enabled
you can also change the values online and autoleveling will store the results here. */
// This area seems useful for fine adjustments to endstops -Christian79
#define DELTA_X_ENDSTOP_OFFSET_STEPS 0
#define DELTA_Y_ENDSTOP_OFFSET_STEPS 0
#define DELTA_Z_ENDSTOP_OFFSET_STEPS 0
PurpleDrank
Plasticator

Post by PurpleDrank »

Got .91 working last night, and it's rocking out pretty hard. I only miss two things from previous versions(both have been mentioned already):

The Z-Height readout on the LCD during a print, I do a lot of prints that involve pausing and inserting pieces into the prints to be covered up in with subsequent solid infill and it's nice to know at least how close I am to that point instead of estimating from the percentage on the LCD.

The extruder position control. I print exclusively from SD Card so it's a bit of a pain when you can't extrude or retract filament from the nozzle.

Anyone know how I can put these options back into the menu?
MSURunner
Printmaster!

Post by MSURunner »

PurpleDrank wrote:Got .91 working last night, and it's rocking out pretty hard. I only miss two things from previous versions(both have been mentioned already):

The Z-Height readout on the LCD during a print, I do a lot of prints that involve pausing and inserting pieces into the prints to be covered up in with subsequent solid infill and it's nice to know at least how close I am to that point instead of estimating from the percentage on the LCD.

The extruder position control. I print exclusively from SD Card so it's a bit of a pain when you can't extrude or retract filament from the nozzle.

Anyone know how I can put these options back into the menu?
I was thinking of digging through these this weekend if I get bored... Both of these are on the list for me as well as incorporating some different things... combining menus to become a bit of a MaReptierLin menu as Marlin and older Repetiers had some nice features I'd like to see... I'll post files if I get it working as intended...
mhackney
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by mhackney »

The latest checkin of repeater .91.7 has a couple of new features, some explicitly for delta users:

Version 0.91.7 15-03-2014
  • Babystepping.
  • Z-Calib allows Z < 0.
  • Improved delta moves.
  • Retest sd read on error preventing abort on error.
  • Fixed around a Arduino upload error bug when > 123.6kb
Babystepping - apparently this allows you to adjust Z on a delta while a print is in progress.

Code: Select all

/* Babystepping allows to change z height during print without changing official z height */
#define FEATURE_BABYSTEPPING 0
/* If you have a threaded rod, you want a higher multiplicator to see an effect. Limit value to 50 or you get easily overflows.*/
#define BABYSTEP_MULTIPLICATOR 1
Z-Calib allows Z < 0 - YES! This eliminates a bit of hassle and is more intuitive

Improved delta moves - have to see what this is

The previous version also has some good stuff:

Version 0.91.5 21-02-2014
  • Delta version on due working.
  • More delta corrections.
  • Limit z probing retest height.
  • Fixed z-probing bug for large deltas (rounding errors).
  • Limit print area for deltas to a cylinder.
  • More boards like RAMPS-FD.
  • Some bug fixes.
imit print area for deltas to a cylinder. - this is a nice addition

Sublime Layers - my blog on Musings and Experiments in 3D Printing Technology and Art

Start Here:
A Strategy for Successful (and Great) Prints

Strategies for Resolving Print Artifacts

The Eclectic Angler
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

Perhaps, when he has the time, John Oly will create a new official distribution.
mhackney
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by mhackney »

All you need to do is keep a copy of your Configuration.h file and replace the one in the distribution and you are good to go. There were no changes to Configuration.h

Sublime Layers - my blog on Musings and Experiments in 3D Printing Technology and Art

Start Here:

The Eclectic Angler
Flateric
Printmaster!

Post by Flateric »

Delta raduis adjustment has been adjustable since .90 alpha, so not sure what this version brings.

But.....I'll give it a shot.....I always do.
"Now you see why evil will always triumph! Because good is dumb." - Spaceballs
ccavanaugh
Printmaster!

Post by ccavanaugh »

There are some new config file options.

You can now correct for errors in the length of the delta arms as well as the position limits. The arm length corrections are accessible via eeprom. I have two arms where the lengths are just a smidge longer than the others center-to-center. I don't think it's enough to be noticeable, but I will try the compensation setting once I figure out which pair it was and re-measure.

Looking at the code changes, it appears as if attempts are made to leave some headroom for movement calculations on AVR (Rambo) boards. I does not appear that the Smoothie boards will have this issue.

Code: Select all

#if NONLINEAR_SYSTEM
  // Maximum speed with 100% inerrupt utilization is 27000 hz at 16MHz cpu
  // leave some margin for all the extra transformations. So we keep inside clean timings.
 -#define LIMIT_INTERVAL ((F_CPU/20000)+1)
 +#define LIMIT_INTERVAL ((F_CPU/30000)+1)
I'm running the stock .91-r7 right now and so far, everything appears to be okay.
Chrissi
Printmaster!

Post by Chrissi »

I D/L'd the commented Configuration .h file and added that to my Repetier firmware folder. Thanks for all that, it is very helpful.
On compile I got the following errors:

Commands.cpp: In function 'void home_axis(bool, bool, bool)':
Commands.cpp:142: error: 'struct PrinterState' has no member named 'countZSteps'
Commands.cpp: In function 'void process_command(GCode*, byte)':
Commands.cpp:920: error: 'struct TemperatureController' has no member named 'pidPGain'
Commands.cpp:921: error: 'struct TemperatureController' has no member named 'pidIGain'
Commands.cpp:922: error: 'struct TemperatureController' has no member named 'pidDGain'

This is better than the 60 or so errors I was getting related to the display and uSD and all I have done is replaced the previous D/L'd Config.h file. Thing is I havenot touched the Commands.cpp file that is generating the errors.
This is on my laptop and not connected to the printer, just testing to see if I will compile yet.
...Chrissi

Rostock MAX
http://www.CozyGirrrl.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Chrissi
Printmaster!

Post by Chrissi »

I put everything on my old laptop, hooked it up, checked the USB driver etc. On compile error is the same (expected that).
Kind of stuck here because firmware on printer is not good and unable to compile therefor cannot upload good firmware.
I'm sure one of you guys is a whole lot more experienced in this than I am :|
...Chrissi

Rostock MAX
Chrissi
Printmaster!

Post by Chrissi »

Loaded up a somewhat lengthy known working sketch of mine that included a OLED w/uSD, servos, MOSFET motor drivers etc and had no problem compiling and loading into my MEGA 2560 R3. So nothing wrong with Arduino IDE, or USB com.
I am out of ideas, trying to locate older Repetier firmware to at least get back to where I was before.
Chrissi
...Chrissi

Rostock MAX
ccavanaugh
Printmaster!

Post by ccavanaugh »

I downloaded the latest zip from Github, updated to the latest configuration file for the new options, and had no issues compiling with Arduino IDE 1.05
Chrissi
Printmaster!

Post by Chrissi »

Thanks! Thats good to know.
...Chrissi

Rostock MAX
mhackney
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by mhackney »

I'm sorry, I misspoke when I said the Configuration.h file was unchanged. It actually did change. I was in the process of testing at least 4 versions of Repetier and was combining the .91.7 version to the previous .91.5. Sorry about that.

You simply have to download the .91.7 sources and go through the Configuration.h file manually to set thing to your configuration. It isn't that difficult and a good thing to learn/experience!

Start Here:

The Eclectic Angler
rsyntax
Plasticator

Post by rsyntax »

Just upgrade my firmware to 0.91. And wow! After following Gene's guide I'm able to print ~10mm away from the edge of my glass heatbed near my axis tower (I don't recommend doing this it was accidently). I was never able to do that before, as it would tend to lift the extruder and never had a good first layer adhesion. I highly recommend this upgrade, the fact you can repeatedly do the RADIUS adjustments without uploading new firmware is worth it.
Chrissi
Printmaster!

Post by Chrissi »

I just wiped all traces of Repetier firmware out of this PC and D/L'd it fresh from the link on the SeeMeCNC site, unzipped it and otherwise touched nothing, opened up the file, hit compile and it choked, I get about 50 lines of Command.cpp errors. The laughable one is the first line: Commands.cpp:22:22: error: Repetier.h: No such file or directory
I'm looking right at the Repetier.h tab right in the very program.
...Chrissi

Rostock MAX
bubbasnow
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by bubbasnow »

Chrissi wrote:I just wiped all traces of Repetier firmware out of this PC and D/L'd it fresh from the link on the SeeMeCNC site, unzipped it and otherwise touched nothing, opened up the file, hit compile and it choked, I get about 50 lines of Command.cpp errors. The laughable one is the first line: Commands.cpp:22:22: error: Repetier.h: No such file or directory
I'm looking right at the Repetier.h tab right in the very program.
where is arduino installed on your computer?
Chrissi
Printmaster!

Post by Chrissi »

Bubba,
On the new laptop with Win 8.1 it stuffs it in the C:\programsx86\ folder. But I also tried it on my trusty Vaio running XP with same result. Both laptops also have software,routines, IDE & USB drivers for 4D Systems displays that also use the Arduino IDE. That is the only recent change/addition I can think of.
My last desperate step is going to be putting a virgin Arduino IDE on another laptop running XP that has never had either, then try to compile. That does not make sense to me though because I thought compile is entirely an internal event between the IDE and the sketch folder. Is there anything in the IDE other than MEGA 2560 and COM port to set or check?

Thanks, Chrissi
...Chrissi

Rostock MAX

Return to “Rostock MAX”