https://github.com/xnaron/Xnaron-Magnarms-for-Rostock (openscad files to be uploaded in due course)
- Magnets http://shop.revolutionmachines.com/3-8- ... 8-12pc.htm (BE CAREFUL NOT TO LET THE MAGNETS SNAP TOGETHER AND NEVER USE PLIERS ON THEM. THEY ARE FRAGILE AND CAN EASILY BREAK)
- Balls http://www.ebay.com/itm/380140413083
- Alum or carbon fiber tube x 6 @ exactly 240mm long
- 12 x 3mmx6mm cap head allen screws to be jb welded to the balls. Important: Clean the balls and the screws in an acetone bath before gluing.
- JB Weld (Mix it well)
- Assorted 3mm screws, washers and locknuts to mount the components
- CA glue
- Squirrel cage fans for cooling PLA. http://www.ebay.com/itm/180389680237
- os1r1s squirrel fan mount https://github.com/os1r1s-/misc-parts
- Use a small dab of jb weld to glue the 3mmx6mm screw to the ball. I use one of the boom ends with the magnet in it in a vice to hold the ball. The magnet will help suck the screw down when you are gluing it. Let it cure under a lamp about 12" from the bulb.
- Use a 3mm washer under every ball on the effector and the cheapskate mounts.
- Use 3mm cap head screws to secure the cheapskate ball mounts to the cheapskate carriages.
- Use a longer 3mm screw to cut the threads for the balls in the effector and cheapskate ball mounts. Don't try and thread with the ball
- Use CA to glue the ball ends to the tubes if you don't have a push fit (don't forget to put the magnets in). Make sure all the arms are the same length.
- make sure you use 3/8" outer diameter tubes for the arms cut to exactly 240mm. This will match the firmware #define DELTA_DIAGONAL_ROD 269.0 // mm in configuration.h
- You need to #define END_EFFECTOR_HORIZONTAL_OFFSET 36.5 in configuration.h for the new effector. (if you don't do this you prints will be too large)
- The stock seemecnc hot end will work in this but don't use the standoffs. You want to keep the hotend away from the printed effector.
- I used 1/4" light ply to laser cut the all the dxfs EXCEPT for the J-Head groove mount which is thinner material.
- This bowden extruder derived from tscdan's excellent design.
- Files on my github
- Uses same ptfe pushfit that are on SeeMeCNC Rmax.
- Stepper Kysan 1040222 http://www.kysanelectronics.com/Product ... ordID=8318
- Gear on stepper from Stock Drive products. Part number: s10t05m022s0508 https://sdp-si.com/eStore/Catalog
- I am getting 60mm/s retracts with Rambo current set to 115. It is ultra quiet.