RAMbo reboots during slow prints (<40 mm/s), but works fine in faster prints

All things related to the Rostock MAX 3D Printer, the worlds FIRST Delta kit!
noisetank01
Plasticator

RAMbo reboots during slow prints (<40 mm/s), but works fine in faster prints

Post by noisetank01 »

Hello all! I'm having an issue where my Rostock Max V2 reboots during slow prints. I've reproduced it reliably somewhere around <40 mm/s. basically, the printer finishes the skirt just fine at the slow speed, but when it starts the print, it usually can't finish even one layer, (sometimes even a single line) before the printer reboots. It prints just fine at higher speeds, 60-70mm/s (even 125mm/s!), but for some reason printing slow is a challenge. I used to be able to print suuuuper slow about a half a year ago when I was really into printing D&D miniatures, but I'm not sure what could've changed that's managed to upset the system.

Could it be a microstepping/memory problem? Could it be a problem with my first layer settings? (it happens whether i'm using a raft or not). Is it a bug?
I'm printing in Simplify 3D via USB, running Repetier 0.92 on a RAMbo ver1.3 (arduino is on 1.6.9).

Thanks in advance!
--
Rostock Max V2 w/ e3Dv6 hotend, Bondtech QR Extruder, TrickLaser Carbon Fiber Arms. S3D settings and eeprom attached below:
Attachments
eeprom_settings 5-19-2019 (for 255c).ini
eeprom
(1.77 KiB) Downloaded 138 times
advanced
advanced
other
other
speeds
speeds
G-Code
G-Code
cooling
cooling
support
support
infill
infill
layer
layer
extruder
extruder
noisetank01
Plasticator

Re: RAMbo reboots during slow prints (<40 mm/s), but works fine in faster prints

Post by noisetank01 »

I believe I've figured it out!

In addition to my main speed being extremely low, my first layer speed was set to 5%, which is apparently too low for either S3D or the RAMbo to handle. So far, after changing it to 50% my prints are surviving with no problems. If anything changes I will report here, but I'm hoping that it will be alright and at least if someone else has this issue in the future this post will be of use to them.
geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: RAMbo reboots during slow prints (<40 mm/s), but works fine in faster prints

Post by geneb »

You also need to rebuild the firmware using v1.6.0 of the Arduino IDE. Higher releases can result in weird behavior due to compiler changes.

g.
Delta Power!
Defeat the Cartesian Agenda!
http://www.f15sim.com - 80-0007, The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - Technical and Simulator Projects

Return to “Rostock MAX”