SD Card Reader not working on MAX v1

All things related to the Rostock MAX 3D Printer, the worlds FIRST Delta kit!
longshot
Prints-a-lot

SD Card Reader not working on MAX v1

Post by longshot »

So I've never printed from the SD Card reader. And I've had my Max for about 2 years now. I've got it dialed in pretty well with a E3D Cyclops with the standard nozzle. The problem is hate tethering my computer to it. I don't mind that I use my PC for generating G code, slicing and such, but any little hiccup in that PC and my part sees it. I've turned off everyone on that PC, auto updates, turned off hibernate and sleep, etc. But for whatever reason every once in a blue moon, my PC hangs or pauses or something and the printer just stops. Unfortunately its usually not recoverable.

So I read online that printing headless is the way to go. You guys can all stop doing /face palms now. So I cleaned up an SD Card, and put some Gcode on it. And put it in behind the LCD. Before I proceed, my LCD works just fine. I'm also running Repetier 0.91. I've not had any issues with it. It reads temperatures correctly. I can home and adjust Z height. I can even preheat it.

Except when I put an SD card in. The whole machine just hangs. The screen pauses with nothing on it when i go to select the SD card reader from the menu. I can't get out of it, i can't go back to home, the whole machine has stopped. So I have unplug the USB and the power and restart.

So what am i doing wrong?

Is it the USB connection the issue? (should i be unplugged?)
Is my SD card formatted wrong? (I just did a FAT32, formatted and wiped)
Is the file format causing the hangup? (Is it G-code? or some other file extension?)
Do i have messed up board?
Is my LCD/SD module buggered?

-Longshot
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: SD Card Reader not working on MAX v1

Post by Eaglezsoar »

I am not sure why no one answered your message, but we will try now.
The Fat32 Format is correct.
In order for the printer to read it, the data should be in G-Code.
See these two links: http://forum.seemecnc.com/viewtopic.php?t=2077" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.bing.com/search?q=site%3Afo ... orm=MOZSBR" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Get back to us if you don't get it working, put the post under troubleshooting.

Return to “Rostock MAX”