Dual hot end: stock plus E3Dv6?

All things related to the Rostock MAX 3D Printer, the worlds FIRST Delta kit!
smurpau
Noob

Dual hot end: stock plus E3Dv6?

Post by smurpau »

Hey guys,

I've bought an E3Dv6 and, rather than replacing the stock hot end which still works great, I'd like to run both simultaneously. I know the E3Dv6 requires a different firmware setting though, and I can't find an existing dual mount system for both (only two stock hot-ends, or two E3Dv6s, not one of each). Has anyone run this setup or have any advice to get it going?
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: Dual hot end: stock plus E3Dv6?

Post by Eaglezsoar »

smurpau wrote:Hey guys,

I've bought an E3Dv6 and, rather than replacing the stock hot end which still works great, I'd like to run both simultaneously. I know the E3Dv6 requires a different firmware setting though, and I can't find an existing dual mount system for both (only two stock hot-ends, or two E3Dv6s, not one of each). Has anyone run this setup or have any advice to get it going?
The problem is attempting to get the nozzle tips absolutely level in relation to each other.
It is hard enough to do when the hotends are exactly the same, I do not think that the work required to get two different hotends working in a dual configuration would be worth the effort.
Buy another E3DV6 and the proper mount which can be found on Thingiverse, etc.
“ Do Not Regret Growing Older. It is a Privilege Denied to Many. ”

Return to “Rostock MAX”