Invalid delta coordinates - quick question

All things related to the Rostock MAX 3D Printer, the worlds FIRST Delta kit!
ouchmysac
Plasticator

Invalid delta coordinates - quick question

Post by ouchmysac »

During the initial setup I've got the Z axis calibrated but the firmware won't let me move in the X or Y axis, its ignoring the move, calling it invalid. I've uploaded the new 0.91 firmware into the machine - does anybody have a link to or know of the settings that need to be changed in the 0.91 firmware specific to each machine?

Q1: What's the most common cause of invalid coordinates on the Rostock?
Q2: Microsteps= 16?
Steps per rotation= 200?

muchas gracias hombres. scouring the tubes now but can't seem to get the right google code words to give me the answer...

edit: diagonal rod length and horizontal radius are set to NAN in the Repetier EEPROM? those should be numbers?
ouchmysac
Plasticator

Re: Invalid delta coordinates - quick question

Post by ouchmysac »

Ok, so with the EEPROM setting above, any requested X or Y move results in only Z movement. As the X or Y axis is moved through its measured zero point, the move arrows only let me move to zero, then I can continue the move past zero in the same direction after the head stops at zero. Polar coordinates give me a headache, can somebody please post a screenshot of their working EEPROM and/or relevant firmware settings? If I can move horizontally, I can finish the calibration...
Attachments
Capture.PNG
dpmacri
Printmaster!

Post by dpmacri »

ouchmysac wrote:Ok, so with the EEPROM setting above, any requested X or Y move results in only Z movement. As the X or Y axis is moved through its measured zero point, the move arrows only let me move to zero, then I can continue the move past zero in the same direction after the head stops at zero. Polar coordinates give me a headache, can somebody please post a screenshot of their working EEPROM and/or relevant firmware settings? If I can move horizontally, I can finish the calibration...
I haven't upgraded to Repetier 0.91, yet, so I'm not sure what the valid settings should be. However, those "NAN" values need to be replaced with correct values (for the uninformed, NaN = Not A Number which in computer math basically means the value isn't a meaningful number -- e.g. 0/0).
ouchmysac
Plasticator

Post by ouchmysac »

The Marlin firmware moves the machine correctly (from johnoly99: https://github.com/johnoly99/Marlin-for ... kmax-rambo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;).

I lost the link, but somewhere somebody on the forum what having a similar issue - X and Y commands move the machine vertically. Mine sounds funny and when for instance, I hit the +X for 10mm, the distance moved vertically is different for the same button, like the math is getting screwed up. Combined with the odd motor noise (there's no mechanical binding) does this mean I need to invert axis motion? Are motors fighting each other with the horizontal movement? Vertical movement is perfect and calibrated.

I've increased the motor current in the firmware from the stock 175 up to 200 for all four motors, no noticeable change.
Last edited by ouchmysac on Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TedMilker
Prints-a-lot

Post by TedMilker »

Just got my machine wired(temporary) and the latest Repetier firmware/Host a little bit ago. Did you make sure to wipe your EEPROM before uploading 0.91 like John says to in the first post of the 0.91 firmware thread? I forgot to do this in my excitement to just see it move. My printer was moving all kinds of strangely when I'd try to move in the Y or X. Once I reset the EEPROM and re-uploaded the firmware, it started moving correctly, ready for endstop calibration.
ouchmysac
Plasticator

Post by ouchmysac »

blam, genius.

after G28 home command, the X and Y positions are given as 280 and I can get movement in the negative direction only (when less than 280, otherwise I can move it back to center). This is normal until the calibration is complete?

thank you mr. tedmilker
ouchmysac
Plasticator

Post by ouchmysac »

OK, so when I G28, the positions I get for the X and Y axis are 140 (when the print head is centered). If I change the print radius maximum, that is then reflected as the X and Y coordinate after G28. So, I can only move the print head in the quadrant where all the dimensions are positive. This is a setting issue, but which one?
ouchmysac
Plasticator

Post by ouchmysac »

Nevermind, got it.

Under Printer Settings in Repetier, the printer shape tab, there are pull down menus for how the firmware interprets the end stops. I didn't think you guys would have made it so simple. Set Home X and Home Y to 0, Home Z to Max.
geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by geneb »

Psst! Page 156!

:D

g.
Delta Power!
Defeat the Cartesian Agenda!
http://www.f15sim.com - 80-0007, The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - Technical and Simulator Projects

Return to “Rostock MAX”