Couple Questions

All about the retired H-1.1 3D Printers
jasco13
Printmaster!

Re: Couple Questions

Post by jasco13 »

Also, what the heck size hex key do you need to tighten the tensioner bolts on the extruder drirve unit. 1/8 is too big and 3/32 is too small. Is it really 7/64. Just checking in before I go tracking down and odd sized hex key.
michaellatif
Printmaster!

Post by michaellatif »

jasco13 wrote:Also, what the heck size hex key do you need to tighten the tensioner bolts on the extruder drirve unit. 1/8 is too big and 3/32 is too small. Is it really 7/64. Just checking in before I go tracking down and odd sized hex key.
Yep, I use a 7/64 bit on my driver for the tension bolts.
Mike Latif
H-1 #3
Paul Kelley
Plasticator

Post by Paul Kelley »

I have inserted some annotations to step 1 to make sure I got it correct. Could someone let me know If I got anything wrong. I was wondering if the super glue only goes on the #6 x 1/2" screws or do the 1" screws get some also.
Attachments
Step 1 - 71682 H1_1 Z Axis Base Sub Assembly - Annotated.jpg
hsb727
Plasticator

Post by hsb727 »

Since the hot end does not come apart on the H1-1 is the heat transferred through the high heat RTV or are the resistors still wrapped with aluminum foil?
PartDaddy
Printmaster!

Post by PartDaddy »

Yes. The heat is transferred through the silicone. The resistors are packed with high temp RTV silicone. Make sure there are no air bubbles when you are filling in around the resistors. The thermistor is glued in with same high temp silicone.
~PartDaddy
SeeMeCNC Owner & Founder
Blackpoint Engineering is SeeMeCNC
Since 1996

Return to “H-1.1 3D Printers”