A couple of assembly questions.

All about the retired H-1.1 3D Printers
ke7dbx
Plasticator

A couple of assembly questions.

Post by ke7dbx »

I am in the wiring stage of the for the H-1.1.

1. How do I wire the PCB Heated Bed Rev B Blue.

2. Do I wire the heat resistors into one, as in instead of 4 wires it would be 2.

Thanks.
mhackney
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: A couple of assembly questions.

Post by mhackney »

1) not sure of the question. If simple wiring, then you run a wore from (+) and (-) to your controller (RAMPS?)

2) look at the H-1 manual 8 wrote in the documentation forum. The resistors are wired in parallel - that means that the leads are connected together at each end. So have 2 wires going to the heat resistors.

Sublime Layers - my blog on Musings and Experiments in 3D Printing Technology and Art

Start Here:
A Strategy for Successful (and Great) Prints

Strategies for Resolving Print Artifacts

The Eclectic Angler
ke7dbx
Plasticator

Post by ke7dbx »

There are what looks like 4 connection points on the bored.
mhackney
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by mhackney »

Can you post a photo? I know some people run two wires to each terminal to carry the required current.

Sublime Layers - my blog on Musings and Experiments in 3D Printing Technology and Art

Start Here:

The Eclectic Angler
ke7dbx
Plasticator

Post by ke7dbx »

Here it is. See the image attachment. I highlighted the area I am confused about.
Attachments
The connection points.
The connection points.
mhackney
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by mhackney »

Yes, simply run wires from the two (+) and two (-) pads to the (+) and (-) connectors on your controller board. You'll have 4 wires going to the phobe to carry the current.

Start Here:

The Eclectic Angler
ke7dbx
Plasticator

Post by ke7dbx »

What is the the 3 pads for with the V- V+ on it? I am also guessing I don't solder the thermistor to the board, just run the wire threw the holes right and connect directly to the RAMBo.

Thanks for the help.
mhackney
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by mhackney »

That pad is how you connect the thermistor to the control board. I recall that you use the (+) and (-) terminals. I'm not sure where the thermistor connects on that heated pad. Maybe someone will pipe in. You could fire an email to SeeMeCnc too.

Start Here:

The Eclectic Angler
thosj
Prints-a-lot

Post by thosj »

In your image you uploaded, see where it says sensor? Stick the thermistor down there, solder to the tiny plus and minus. If you look at the board and follow the traces, you'll see where the traces go. They go to the plus and minus pads next to the sensor location. You could also Kapton tape the thermistor out in the middle under the bed somewhere and wire the same, skipping the sensor pad and wiring the thermistor to the plus and minus and the same for the wires to wherever you're sensing/controlling. Really you could tape the thermistor where you want and wire it directly skipping the pads if that works for you. You're really only trying to wire the sensor to the board, the pads are there for your convenience if you want.

Return to “H-1.1 3D Printers”