New H-1 Build Questions

All about the retired, first generation H-1 3D printers
mdwilson
Noob

New H-1 Build Questions

Post by mdwilson »

I have an new in the box H1 kit I bought a couple years ago during the campaign, that I am now going to try to build.
I'm going to use RAMPS 1.4 electronics.

The SeeMeCNC site no longer lists any information on this kit so here are some questions:

Can you still get the H1.1 upgrade?

What are the important changes that I would need to make or look out for (if any) on the original H1?

What is the best filament to start with? 3mm PLA?

Thanks,
Mike
Fiero2M6
Printmaster!

Re: New H-1 Build Questions

Post by Fiero2M6 »

I've got an original H-1. It's still going strong.

I asked about the upgrade a couple months ago and they were sold out. I doubt they did another manufacturing run.

Does your H-1 have ball bearings or acetal bearings? Upgrading to ball bearings was a big improvement for me.

I have also upgraded the stock hotend to an e3d hotend. I'd reccomend doing this after you've got everything working in the stock configuration.

I also added a top brace for stability.

I'd reccomend starting with PLA. I've found PLA from Ultimachine is very consistant. You'll need to check if your hotend is made for 1.75mm or 3.00mm filament.

If you need them, I can probably find the old instruction manual. I'd also reccomend looking at the archived information on the old Yahoo Groups: http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/SeeMeCNC/info" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Don't ask questions there though! Everyone has moved over here
Nylocke
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: New H-1 Build Questions

Post by Nylocke »

I think there are some STLs somewhere for the upgrade parts so you can print them, no idea where though...

Return to “H-1 3D Printers”