Phebe with Ramps

Check out how others are building and modding their own heated beds
jasco13
Printmaster!

Phebe with Ramps

Post by jasco13 »

Just got my Board and while I'm waiting for my H1.1 to arrive I figured I'd at least collect any additional materials that I may need. I'm assuming the 100k thermistor I need for the Phebe doesn't come with the H1.1 kit? I don't plan on putting the LED's on so is there anything else I'll need? Connector to the ramps board?

Thanks,

Matt
Polygonhell
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: Phebe with Ramps

Post by Polygonhell »

RAMPS just has screw terminals for the heater connections.
Make sure you have wire that will take the current I use 18G, but 16 would probably be better.
I still haven't connected my SeeMeCNC heated bed, but some PCB heaters draw enough current to "blow" the resettable fuses on the RAMPS board, having a fan blowing across the board is a good idea, I have an 80mm case fan directly connected to 12V blowing across mine.
The fan also has the nice side effect of giving you more leeway in setting the current pots on the stepper drivers assuming you have heat sinks on them.
johnoly99
Printmaster!

Re: Phebe with Ramps

Post by johnoly99 »

Hey there. John here. If you ordered a RAMPS setup from us, we include a 100K thermistor, otherwise the other kits come with a 4K for the velleman controls. The heated bed can use any style temperature measurement, your firmware is where you will need to set that up and then verify the temps.

Return to “Heated Bed How-To's”