Agisis's Blue Build

Start your own build thread so others can see how it's going, and even help out!
Agisis
Printmaster!

Agisis's Blue Build

Post by Agisis »

Hey all, so I got my shipment in today. I had originally meant to select the black RMV2 but I wasn't paying close enough attention and selected the white. It's all good. I chose to do the trim in a Sky Blue, sort of like the Tower Bridge in London. I think it will look great, but I won't know until it's done. Removing the tape was not a big deal at all and it went fairly quickly. Spraying the trim took several hours though because the paint doesn't like to stick super well to the burnt material so a few light layers are required with about 5 minutes between them to get the color saturated correctly. I wasn't sure which parts were exposed and which parts are not so I did them all while I was in there spraying. Not sure how far I will make it before the weekend as I have a lot of office work to do.
Attachments
BlueTrimFinal.jpg
teoman
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: Agisis's Blue Build

Post by teoman »

I cannot help but think of the millenium falcon when i see the eprinter unassembled.

If you are anal about the looks acquire some tipex and you can later patch up the white parts if you happen to have a crack.
When on mobile I am brief and may be perceived as an arsl.
Jimustanguitar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Jimustanguitar »

Great color, it'll look awesome.

Speaking of the falcon, I've always called mine Rostock-D2.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/DDdIc8a.png[/img]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/K8Lfocu.png[/img]
Agisis
Printmaster!

Post by Agisis »

That looks rockin'! I cannot wait to get that far into the build. I am impressed with the laser cutter they used. So crisp and clean. I only had one part with a 2x1 inch heat burn area but is internal only and should not be visible. Impressed with the materials thus far.
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

Nice color choice. Should look great upon completion.
Agisis
Printmaster!

Post by Agisis »

It is starting to look more than just parts now. Having a blast. Only thing that tricked me was the powersupply did not have the type of cables shown in the pics. Got that sorted out as best I could by sticking with yellow and black. Next up is towers and to install the cork dampers on the motors.
Attachments
1438933221187.jpg
Agisis
Printmaster!

Post by Agisis »

Question...in mhackneys thread, he mentions using lithium grease. Is there a reason that would be preferred to say a graphite lubricant? I understand with graphite though there may be particulates, but they are non-conductive and should be well away from the hot end entry point for the filament. Just curious.
geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by geneb »

If you're referring to the u-joints, no lubricants are needed since the change to the injection molded u-joints.

g.
Delta Power!
Defeat the Cartesian Agenda!
http://www.f15sim.com - 80-0007, The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - Technical and Simulator Projects
Agisis
Printmaster!

Post by Agisis »

Yes, that is what I was referring to. Thanks for the feedback. One less thing to do. I have to say that as far as tech manuals go, this is excellent so far and I am having as much fun building this as I thought I would. I've written a number of tech manuals over the years and this one is par excellence. Kudos!
geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by geneb »

Thanks! I'm glad you're enjoying it. :)

g.
Delta Power!
Defeat the Cartesian Agenda!
http://www.f15sim.com - 80-0007, The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - Technical and Simulator Projects
Agisis
Printmaster!

Post by Agisis »

1/4 done, at least as far as pages go. I am documenting a few minor recommendations for the manual if that is OK. Mostly around getting the towers in and the wires.
Attachments
1439047303437.jpg
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

Your build is looking great and I really like the choice of colors.
Well done at this point!
Agisis
Printmaster!

Post by Agisis »

Movin movin movin....getting further along everyday. I am putting plugs on the 18 and 24 guage wires that connect to the hotend so i can swap it out easier later on with other things. Not sure why my phone likes to rotate the image when attatching. Doh
Attachments
20150809_170959.jpg
Agisis
Printmaster!

Post by Agisis »

What a beautiful mess, what a beautiful mess I've made...

So, here is a pic of the pre-installed RAMBO board. It feels like wires are flying everywhere despite my efforts with lots of kapton tape to control the madness. (I love that stuff by the way. Best. Tape. Ever.) Maybe, just maybe, I'll be able to plug it in here soon and hope to everything electrical and holy that it works. If you can smell the electronics, then you have done something very very wrong, (at least in my experience).
Attachments
3dPrinterNew.jpg
Agisis
Printmaster!

Post by Agisis »

I printed the PEEK shroud successfully. It came out pretty close to flawless. I am absolutely blown away by the print quality of my first print. What a great manual! Thanks Seemecnc! Now, onto the layer shroud so I can use this roll of PLA I have.
Attachments
20150813_203507.jpg
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

Agisis wrote:I printed the PEEK shroud successfully. It came out pretty close to flawless. I am absolutely blown away by the print quality of my first print. What a great manual! Thanks Seemecnc! Now, onto the layer shroud so I can use this roll of PLA I have.
A great first print! Your build and calibration is excellent!
Thanks for proving that it can be done.

Return to “The Build Zone”