Max V2.ORNG!

Start your own build thread so others can see how it's going, and even help out!
VF_
Plasticator

Re: Max V2.ORNG!

Post by VF_ »

Thanks guys!

@Jassper, that looks very nice. I have yet to find a source for a negative orange/amber display but I am still looking.
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

Jasper, do you remember the source for the yellow lcd?
VF_
Plasticator

Post by VF_ »

Last week I was randomly checking ebay, looking for that elusive negative orange LCD when lo and behold, I found it back in stock at the same company I linked previously in the thread. Today, it finally arrived.

[img]https://2ad26a8995338c9ed824900cebdfeb5 ... MG_035.jpg[/img]
MY PRECIOUS!!1!

[img]https://2ad26a8995338c9ed824900cebdfeb5 ... MG_036.jpg[/img]
Out with the old, in with the new.

[img]https://2ad26a8995338c9ed824900cebdfeb5 ... MG_037.jpg[/img]
I looks sort of amber because I had to up the exposure on the camera a bit, but in reality it is dimmer and a very nice shade of orange.

Besides adjusting the contrast potentiometer on the Smart Controller to make it a bit brighter, no other modifications were needed.

Next on my list: magnetic arms! Stay tuned... :D
Last edited by VF_ on Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
ee91137
Noob

Post by ee91137 »

Hi VF_,

Can you post a video of the Printer with dampers noise?

How did you cut the carbon fiber textured vinyl ?

Also I would like to see a picture of the Power and led ON...
VF_
Plasticator

Post by VF_ »

You can find quite a few videos on YouTube with machines that have the Astrosyn dampers installed, but this video convinced me to get mine. The power button LED is actually on in the last image I posted, it's not very bright. The carbon fiber textured vinyl was first attached to the plate and then I carefully cut the excess and the various holes with a sharp cutter. I used an Olfa cutter, but any XActo equivalent will do just fine as long as the blade is ultra sharp so it doesn't stretch (or worse, rip) the vinyl.
bvandiepenbos
Printmaster!

Post by bvandiepenbos »

VERY nice build! I love the neat wiring and attention to detail.
very Trick looking.
~*Brian V.

RostockMAX v2 (Stock)
MAX METAL "ShortyMAX"
MAX METAL Rostock MAX Printer Frame
NEMESIS Air Delta v1 & v2 -Aluminum delta printers
Rostock MAX "KITT" - Tri-Force Frame
GRABER i3 "Slim"
ee91137
Noob

Post by ee91137 »

Thanks

I would like to see a video of your printer working...
VF_
Plasticator

Post by VF_ »

bvandiepenbos wrote:VERY nice build! I love the neat wiring and attention to detail.
very Trick looking.
Thanks, Brian! That pushed the overall build time just a liiiittle bit over what the manual suggested :D
ee91137 wrote:I would like to see a video of your printer working...
As soon as I get a chance to make one, I'll post it here :)
AussieBlake
Prints-a-lot

Post by AussieBlake »

Hi! Love the build! Where did your source the wiring protector that hangs down from your top plate into the build area... For the life of me I cant find anything like it and I want to find one.

Keep up the good work!
EskimoRuler
Plasticator

Post by EskimoRuler »

AussieBlake wrote:Hi! Love the build! Where did your source the wiring protector that hangs down from your top plate into the build area... For the life of me I cant find anything like it and I want to find one.

Keep up the good work!
I don't think these are the exact ones, but I was just at Ace Hardware and I saw these. These are supposed to be for air hoses but should work the same. They had multiple diameters. I grabbed a 1/2" one just to see how it fits.
Most likely overkill, but I just happened to stumble upon them so thought I'd let you know
http://www.flexzilla.com/air/reusable-f ... -splicers/
2015-08-14 19.05.47.jpg
2015-08-14 19.05.56.jpg
VF_
Plasticator

Post by VF_ »

AussieBlake wrote:Hi! Love the build! Where did your source the wiring protector that hangs down from your top plate into the build area... For the life of me I cant find anything like it and I want to find one.
Hey, thanks! KSS Wiring - EGRWW16SR Cable Gland is the exact part that I have used on my machine, although I got mine from a local shop. If you can't find that exact model, I'm pretty sure any cable gland with similar specs will do.
EskimoRuler wrote: I don't think these are the exact ones, but I was just at Ace Hardware and I saw these. These are supposed to be for air hoses but should work the same. They had multiple diameters. I grabbed a 1/2" one just to see how it fits.
Most likely overkill, but I just happened to stumble upon them so thought I'd let you know
Those look nice indeed but the aluminum nut seems to snap all the way into the bend limiter, leaving no room for the thickness of the top plate. How did you attach it?
AussieBlake
Prints-a-lot

Post by AussieBlake »

No worries, I'll have to see what I can source in NZ, but I'm sure any electrical shop should be able to help me out. Thanks again!
VF_
Plasticator

Post by VF_ »

AussieBlake wrote:No worries, I'll have to see what I can source in NZ, but I'm sure any electrical shop should be able to help me out. Thanks again!
No problem! :)

Return to “The Build Zone”