Working on my first build, here's my progress!

Start your own build thread so others can see how it's going, and even help out!
Polygonals
Plasticator

Working on my first build, here's my progress!

Post by Polygonals »

I haven't come very far yet but I'm getting there! This is my first time working with this kind of equipment and it's a lot of fun (and terrifying) so far.

[img]https://i.gyazo.com/0db58e8a52f2e100590 ... be8c51.png[/img]

My hot end still has a few hours left to cure, how does it look?
[img]https://i.gyazo.com/6ef97945d7d47b6f262 ... 05c265.png[/img]
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: Working on my first build, here's my progress!

Post by Eaglezsoar »

Everything looks fine! Remember to crimp the resistor leads and do not try to solder them and you should be golden!
“ Do Not Regret Growing Older. It is a Privilege Denied to Many. ”
Jimustanguitar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Jimustanguitar »

Nice and clean, no stray wires or loose screws... Looks amazing!

J/K Looks like you're off to a nice clean start. Take your time, and apply the same care that it's evident you're already using, and you'll be very happy in about 20 hours.
Polygonals
Plasticator

Post by Polygonals »

I've run into a potential issue. I screwed up my second crimp, I didn't crimp it enough and the wire slid out. I can't seem to get the wire all the way back through, only as far as you can see in this photo. What should I do?
[img]http://i.imgur.com/UWzRLiZ.jpg[/img]
guanu
SeeMeCNC Staff

Post by guanu »

that wire looks to be good and in there far enough to get a good crimp on it. give it a death grip squeeze and it should clamp down plenty to work
Polygonals
Plasticator

Post by Polygonals »

guanu wrote:that wire looks to be good and in there far enough to get a good crimp on it. give it a death grip squeeze and it should clamp down plenty to work
Just got it. Thanks. I was worried that it wasn't far enough, the manual shows them sticking out a bit.
Windshadow
Printmaster!

Post by Windshadow »

for your future reference those sort of lugs can be found at autopart stores as well as at places like radioshack handy to have in the home tool kit for all sorts of things (I just repaired an electric kettle that had used soldered connection in the wiring and it had over 30+years of use the soldier sort of evaporated away from a soldered ring {the wire was tinned then twisted into a loop under the screw terminal} till it arced and failed... repaired it using crimped ring lugs like these and I expect the fix will outlive me)
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

Windshadow wrote:for your future reference those sort of lugs can be found at autopart stores as well as at places like radioshack handy to have in the home tool kit for all sorts of things (I just repaired an electric kettle that had used soldered connection in the wiring and it had over 30+years of use the soldier sort of evaporated away from a soldered ring {the wire was tinned then twisted into a loop under the screw terminal} till it arced and failed... repaired it using crimped ring lugs like these and I expect the fix will outlive me)
We hope the kettle doesn't outlive you! We don't need a dumb kettle on the forum, we need you!!
“ Do Not Regret Growing Older. It is a Privilege Denied to Many. ”

Return to “The Build Zone”