JD's Build

Start your own build thread so others can see how it's going, and even help out!
JD79
Plasticator

JD's Build

Post by JD79 »

Okay guys I am about to pull the trigger and send off my order for a Max kit. I am putting in a few spares for my order but would like some input if I should get something more? I've gone through the assembly guide and feel confident I have all items listed for order I need Kapton tape, JST connecters etc...

My spares list
Peek hot end insulator
Extruder Nozzles .35mm and .7mm
PTFE Tubing
6.8 OHM Resistor x 2 sets
Thermistor X 2
LCD To Rambo connecter (Haven't soldered in years just on the off chance I botch it up.)
And a roll of ABS and PLA
-JD
Jimustanguitar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: JD's Build

Post by Jimustanguitar »

None of the parts that you've listed are 'consumable', but I'll admit to having most of that list on hand from mods and upgrades over time. The stock kit is complete, and you won't need most of that list at first, but it's hard to leave these machines alone... And I mean that it the best way possible, they're just addicting to modify...

Try to hold out as long as you can before you fall into the "upgrade trap" and constantly disassemble your machine like I do. Downtime sucks :)

Welcome to the forum!
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

JD79 wrote:Okay guys I am about to pull the trigger and send off my order for a Max kit. I am putting in a few spares for my order but would like some input if I should get something more? I've gone through the assembly guide and feel confident I have all items listed for order I need Kapton tape, JST connecters etc...

My spares list
Peek hot end insulator
Extruder Nozzles .35mm and .7mm
PTFE Tubing
6.8 OHM Resistor x 2 sets
Thermistor X 2
LCD To Rambo connecter (Haven't soldered in years just on the off chance I botch it up.)
And a roll of ABS and PLA
I would add Rambo fuses to that list so that if one blows you have a few to replace it.
You can get them here: http://ca.mouser.com/Search/ProductDeta ... 0448005.MR" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
JD79
Plasticator

Post by JD79 »

Just received shipping confirmation and tracking number information for my V2. I've ordered my parts for my enclosure also so just have to be patient now and wait on UPS. :D
-JD
JD79
Plasticator

Post by JD79 »

Just got back from picking up from UPS. Time for inventory and trim painting.
-JD
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

JD79 wrote:Just got back from picking up from UPS. Time for inventory and trim painting.
What trim color did you decide on?

Return to “The Build Zone”