NEW Agisis Ultimate Facehugger (Life size for Halloween!)

Show off your latest creations, whether 3D printed or not
Agisis
Printmaster!

NEW Agisis Ultimate Facehugger (Life size for Halloween!)

Post by Agisis »

Hey everyone,
I went dark for the past few weeks so I could focus everything I had on my new version of the Alien Facehugger. This time, he is bigger, badder, and a lot more real-life than before. In the first one I posted about 2 months ago, you saw I had to use clay in some areas to flesh it out. I fixed all that and it is now just part of the print along with adding the bottom, brand new fingers and body, and a new tail. I had to spend some time teaching myself how to sculpt in Blender 3D, but I managed to wrap up this entire project over the course of several weeks, fighting and printing every piece a dozen times until I was absolutely satisfied with it. And with only one day to spare for the Halloween contest! Since it IS Halloween, I put together a little Hollywood movie set, dragged out the old fog machine, and put up some mood lighting for you romantic types. The egg he is leaping out of is a pumpkin I carved obviously. Hopefully if I did my job right, you won't want to walk too close to any pumpkins this Halloween night.

You can get it on Repables at:
http://repables.com/r/673" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Attachments
FaceHuggerHalloween2.jpg
FaceHuggerHalloween1.jpg
Painted with Acrylics and Brushes.
Painted with Acrylics and Brushes.
FaceHugger2.jpg
FaceHuggerPrint.jpg
Pre-hand painting. Got to get a good base with that Citadel Skull White Primer if you want the acrylics to stick!
Pre-hand painting. Got to get a good base with that Citadel Skull White Primer if you want the acrylics to stick!
FaceHuggerSprayed2.jpg
BenTheRighteous
Printmaster!

Re: NEW Agisis Ultimate Facehugger (Life size for Halloween!

Post by BenTheRighteous »

This is totally freaking awesome. I haven't seen any other entries but I wouldn't be surprised if this snags you 1st place. Nice work, and thanks for sharing!!
nitewatchman wrote:it was much cleaner and easier than killing a chicken on top of the printer.
Agisis
Printmaster!

Post by Agisis »

I hope so. I am trying to win it as a surprise for a friend that needs a printer. This was the best way I could come up with to achieve that!
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

That is one cool mask! A Very good job and I wish you the best in the contest!
Java
Plasticator

Post by Java »

Beautiful model!

Kudos on learning to sculpt in Blender so quickly!
Agisis
Printmaster!

Post by Agisis »

Thanks! I've got a long ways to go before I master Blender for sculpting, but I'm working on it!

Return to “What are YOU making?”