Aluminum and carbon fiber E3d V6 mount. RELEASED!

Show off your latest creations, whether 3D printed or not
Qdeathstar
Printmaster!

Re: Aluminum and carbon fiber E3d V6 mount. RELEASED!

Post by Qdeathstar »

35 bucks is crazy cheap for these, unless I'm reading something wrong.

Once you get the cyclops mounts I'm going all in.
travelphotog
Printmaster!

Post by travelphotog »

There are some days I wish I charged more. But I like the idea of more folks being able to enjoy good prints and enjoying the hobby too much to price it much higher. We are getting the Chimera test mounts out this week to the testers and as soon as they give the green light we will put them on the website. We are doing a big photo shoot this weekend to better show some features and make sure everyone gets the best parts for their needs with out confusion.

We will also be revamping the website shortly to include an order recap page of your order and shipping address and such. We are also working on pages for each product to give more info and specs so you can make an informed choice, but we plan to keep the single page ordering area to keep everything simpler when you go to check out. The beta tester effector plates are going to out this weekend and as soon as they give the green light, we will start the mills on some huge plates to get stock on hand and be ready for what we hope is a good demand for them. BTW if you like the mount prince, I think you will love the effector pricing.

We are branching out to a few other printer as the request and suggestion of clients and trusted friends. The Rostock Max will ALWAYS be our first focus for mods and a fully V3 compatible effector is also already done and will be in the store when the other effectors launch. It is basically a metal copy of the stock effector, but anodized of course!

We also have a new product in the wings http://forum.seemecnc.com/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=10478 that may or may not soon be on the site, that is sort of up to everyone here and the feedback we get. We also do plan to offer a discount package of some sorts and are working now to see how we can work that with past orders also to be fair to everyone and as a hat tip to our early supporters. We are trying to work out a discount on bundling an effector with a mount order or if someone wants a full selection of mounts and such. As soon as we figure out how that will work for everyone, we will get the news out ASAP.
http://713maker.com/ Custom aluminum and carbon fiber hot end mounts for the Rostock Max and Orion.
travelphotog
Printmaster!

Post by travelphotog »

The cyclops beta tester mounts went out to testers today and we expect to have a 100% green light on the current model. I am laying up the plates for milling so as soon as we hear back from the testers and finalize the design, we can get the mounts on the website ASAP. Our new full metal effectors will also be on the site shortly. We are working to scale up production on the effectors and we have a nice stock pile of mounts thanks to our newest big CNC mill.
http://713maker.com/ Custom aluminum and carbon fiber hot end mounts for the Rostock Max and Orion.
travelphotog
Printmaster!

Post by travelphotog »

We posted the new effectors and mounts to the website last night. We have a few dozen of each on hand and will be milling more between custom milling jobs. Sorry for the delay and thanks for everyone who helped as a BETA tester.
EddyGara
Prints-a-lot

Post by EddyGara »

travelphotog wrote:6/24/16 UPDATE: We are proud to announce that our new CNC mill has us able to finally offer a much faster turn around time on our products. Though we now have a stated 4-6 day turn around time, most orders will ship in 2-3 days now. Our new mill is larger, faster and far easier to work with. We have and will maintain a large quantity of milled stock on hand for all of our products to drastically reduce our turn around times for orders.
2016-03-03 21.48.01.jpg2016-05-31 00.36.04.jpg

We will be announcing a few new products for the Max and Orion shortly, including new full metal effector plates and a new Chimera / Cyclops mount.
What brand of mill is this!!! Its amaizng!
travelphotog
Printmaster!

Post by travelphotog »

It is a custom made mill from a guy in Canada. Full 3/4" aluminum plate and heavy duty 80x80 extrusion frame with full ball screws. It is a gantry style mill and has dual ball screws on the Y axis. We run a 2.2KW water cooled spindle and currently a fog buster coolant system, but that is soon to be replaced with a CAG system for a number of reasons. It runs NEMA 23s and is controlled by a Planet CNC MK3 9 axis ARM 32b controller with 4 LeadShine DSP Digital stepper drivers. Work area is about 21x32x7. This weekend we are installed a new 4'X4' heavier duty mill with NEMA 34s and a new CAG system. the two mills share the same style of controller and drivers as we have found them to be 100% rock solid in our usage so far. We have some nice ideas for the H2 and V2-V3 printers that will use the larger space and faster production of the newer mill. We name our mills (odd I know) Fred makes all the delta parts currently, but Hank will be making the new larger printer parts that we HOPE to show off at MRRF.
Fred in his early days when he was all clean and new.
Fred in his early days when he was all clean and new.
Fred earning his keep doing what he does best.
Fred earning his keep doing what he does best.
Ravitch
Printmaster!

Post by Ravitch »

Looking forward to my new E3D mount and related goodies delivering tomorrow! Thanks
barry99705
Printmaster!

Post by barry99705 »

travelphotog wrote: We name our mills (odd I know) Fred makes all the delta parts currently, but Hank will be making the new larger printer parts that we HOPE to show off at MRRF.
Shaneh named my max Waldo. Haven't named the cnc yet though.
Never do anything you don't want to have to explain to the paramedics.
EddyGara
Prints-a-lot

Post by EddyGara »

travelphotog wrote:It is a custom made mill from a guy in Canada. Full 3/4" aluminum plate and heavy duty 80x80 extrusion frame with full ball screws. It is a gantry style mill and has dual ball screws on the Y axis. We run a 2.2KW water cooled spindle and currently a fog buster coolant system, but that is soon to be replaced with a CAG system for a number of reasons. It runs NEMA 23s and is controlled by a Planet CNC MK3 9 axis ARM 32b controller with 4 LeadShine DSP Digital stepper drivers. Work area is about 21x32x7. This weekend we are installed a new 4'X4' heavier duty mill with NEMA 34s and a new CAG system. the two mills share the same style of controller and drivers as we have found them to be 100% rock solid in our usage so far. We have some nice ideas for the H2 and V2-V3 printers that will use the larger space and faster production of the newer mill. We name our mills (odd I know) Fred makes all the delta parts currently, but Hank will be making the new larger printer parts that we HOPE to show off at MRRF.2016-05-31 00.36.04.jpg2017-01-12 00.35.27.jpg
Any way you could share the details of who makes these? Im super interested in getting a similar set up.
travelphotog
Printmaster!

Post by travelphotog »

EddyGara wrote:
travelphotog wrote:It is a custom made mill from a guy in Canada. Full 3/4" aluminum plate and heavy duty 80x80 extrusion frame with full ball screws. It is a gantry style mill and has dual ball screws on the Y axis. We run a 2.2KW water cooled spindle and currently a fog buster coolant system, but that is soon to be replaced with a CAG system for a number of reasons. It runs NEMA 23s and is controlled by a Planet CNC MK3 9 axis ARM 32b controller with 4 LeadShine DSP Digital stepper drivers. Work area is about 21x32x7. This weekend we are installed a new 4'X4' heavier duty mill with NEMA 34s and a new CAG system. the two mills share the same style of controller and drivers as we have found them to be 100% rock solid in our usage so far. We have some nice ideas for the H2 and V2-V3 printers that will use the larger space and faster production of the newer mill. We name our mills (odd I know) Fred makes all the delta parts currently, but Hank will be making the new larger printer parts that we HOPE to show off at MRRF.2016-05-31 00.36.04.jpg2017-01-12 00.35.27.jpg
Any way you could share the details of who makes these? Im super interested in getting a similar set up.

So here is the thing. I bought Fred (the mill in the pics) about 1.5 years ago or so. It spent 8 or so months in a crate while we got ready to move across the country and then got around to getting it set up in our new place. Once set up the mill was great and we have only really ever had one issue with it. It sheared a motor coupling to the right side Y axis ball screw just before the holidays while in the middle of a 6 hour run. This lead to the mill running a large plate for 6hrs with only one side of the Y axis ball screws to move things around. It finished the job, but as you might expect the part were out of spec. It also managed to get the mill about 2mm out of square over 32", which might as well be a mile.

So we needed a new larger mill and though it a good idea to use that as a reason to buy one while we worked to find where the mill got out of square at. So I called up the guy and arranged to buy a larger and heavier duty model that he makes which would have a 27x41x7 work area and better build overall since about 1 yr had passed since he made our first mill. This was Nov3rd and we were told the mill would ship by Thanksgiving which was not to bad of a lead time. We ordered his stock setup on that mill and were told that timeline was good to go. So there is where it turns bad. It was one delay after another and for 3 weeks in a row after our promised date passed, we were told it would "ship by Monday 1000%". Well on Dec 21st the ball screw mounts and spindle arrived. We were set 2 left side mount and no right side mount. Worse yet the milling on these parts was such that I would never even use them in house much less ever send them out to a customer. The parts were not square and the edges looked like a jigsaw was used to cut them out of 3/4 aluminum. Fred is made from 3/4 Mic 6 and not only is it nice and strong and flat, it does not hurt that it is nice and shiny also. Fred is a joy to mill on both in performance and looks for me daily. What showed up was not Mic 6 tool plate not pretty at all. But sadly it gets even worse.

On Dec 28th the mill arrived over a month after it was promised. It was to be shipped in 2 creates and each one it's own pallet. Keep in mind the new mill weighs over 300lbs between the two parts. What arrived was a train wreck. The creates were made out of 1/4 chipboard and 2x2 with staples. Now while they MIGHT have been ok if each was alone on a pallet, they were instead stacked on top of each other and the creates crushed under the weight. The legs of the mill we hanging down under the pallet and had been hit by a forklift or pallet jack and was damaged. The mill plates were still not Mic 6 as Fred is and all the website images show. Instead it was the same plate as the mount, but a very poor job had been done to try and put on a swirl pattern with a wire brush, but it looked rushed and looked more like rings of brushed metal with hollow centers that still showed the factory mill finish. It was bad.. The milled edges were also not much better than the mounting plates we got on the 21st. We did not even let the mill into the driveway and refused the delivery due to the damages. In the end we got a refund of 95% of the costs, we are currently fighting to get the shipping refunded also. So here in lies my issue honestly. I think the guy is super busy and his quality has suffered massively in the 2 years since we bought Fred as he tries to meet the demand and lets some of his standards slip in doing so. I know the trails of wanting to meet the demand for a product as a small company, but in my book that should never be done by cutting corners and cutting standards. I hate to call out a small company as he did refund us our money in the end and Fred has been a heck of a mill for the type of work we do ( we did find the issue on Fred at last and get it corrected and he now mills right as rain again). But I also hate to recommend them to someone if that was an example of how far his standard have changed from Fred and what is on his website. I would hope it was a fluke, but i also would like to think that when someone spends over $10K in 1.5years with your small company that you would try to make sure their second mill was at least built to the standard on your website and packaged correctly for shipping them. So there is the rub. I hate to bad talk a company, but I also would hate for someone to see Fred, then have his current standard of mill show up and feel we somehow lied or something as they are of lower quality than what Fred was built too.

Tomorrow we take delivery of our new mill that we sourced from another company. It is even larger (4X4) and much heavier duty. Once i have some plates off of it I will update on how it does. I plan to do a built thread on it in the CNC section of the forum shortly. But until i have results from some of the types of jobs we run at 713maker, I am holding back about the make and model. I want to make sure anything I say can do something, do in fact perform at or better than my expectations. We have are also switching to a new method (new to us) of coolant for aluminum milling and hope to report great results shortly. I will link the build thread here once I start it.
Really bad work on the Ball screw mounts.
The crates were supposed to each be on their own pallet. Instead this showed up and was refused.
The crates were supposed to each be on their own pallet. Instead this showed up and was refused.
Qdeathstar
Printmaster!

Post by Qdeathstar »

Yikes. Thats terrible. I wonder if the shipper did that to "make em fit" or it came from the factory that way. There are two pallets and two crates, they are just in the wrong order.

We get light poles shipped in a lot and some of the time they end up warped because they use independent shippers and some of them arnt that great....
geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by geneb »

That cut is the result of a very, very, dull tool.

g.
Delta Power!
Defeat the Cartesian Agenda!
http://www.f15sim.com - 80-0007, The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - Technical and Simulator Projects
travelphotog
Printmaster!

Post by travelphotog »

Qdeathstar wrote:Yikes. Thats terrible. I wonder if the shipper did that to "make em fit" or it came from the factory that way. There are two pallets and two crates, they are just in the wrong order.

We get light poles shipped in a lot and some of the time they end up warped because they use independent shippers and some of them arnt that great....
One shipping bill showed 2 crates on two pallets, another I found dated the next day showed 1 pallet and 2 crates. When the local guys went to pick it up, their boss told them to shoot tons of pics in the shipping terminal before they touched it and it was on one pallet, they added the second one to avoid hitting the parts sticking down into the pallet.
EddyGara
Prints-a-lot

Post by EddyGara »

That is crazy!! you had to go through that whole ordeal. Could I ask of you, since you have such knowledge on the subject. What would you recommend for kit cnc router, that can machine aluminium very easy as yours can. I have a good sizable budget and quite a bit of space. I would like to stay way from industrial machines, and more so open source so that I can mod and upgrade as i need.
forrie
Printmaster!

Post by forrie »

EddyGara wrote:That is crazy!! you had to go through that whole ordeal. Could I ask of you, since you have such knowledge on the subject. What would you recommend for kit cnc router, that can machine aluminium very easy as yours can. I have a good sizable budget and quite a bit of space. I would like to stay way from industrial machines, and more so open source so that I can mod and upgrade as i need.
I'd say one of the generic Chinese mills like a Taig or Sieg X3 with a CNC conversion. Something like one of these;

http://www.cncconversionkit.com/52-cnc- ... g-machines

You will need access to other machines as you are bound to need to machine something to get it right and by the time you have something half decent working you could have used the money you spent and got a Tormach.
I'm not an alcoholic...I'm Australian!

Return to “What are YOU making?”