My custom v-slot RepRap 3DR delta printer...the V3DR.

Show off your latest creations, whether 3D printed or not
0110-m-p
Printmaster!

Re: My custom v-slot RepRap 3DR delta printer...the V3DR.

Post by 0110-m-p »

Ascensi wrote:I know it can be tiring to change a design once you feel you have something perfect but I'd like to offer you a suggestion for removing part of the model that grips more firmly on the towers and this is why.

After building my Rostock max v2 I wanted to upgrade it right away when I learned about the possibilities.. I had pure hell dismantling the towers in order to fit my wiring for an E3D Kraken but I finally did it. For people that wish to upgrade to multi extruders and have the wiring hidden I had to slip the wiring down the sides of the towers forced down with sliced rubber. I think you might add more value to your unit if you allow any extra wiring to pass through the slot. Overall regardless I like your design so far it's looking good! Just fyi, the rubber sliding in the groove is just a demonstration of just that - it's currently positioned over the groove where the belt would slide - I wouldn't recommend this due to potential resistance of the belt against the rubber.
Thanks for the comments and suggestions. Luckily, the controller is mounted to the top of the machine, not the bottom. So that means only the X, Y, and Z motor wires go through the extrusions, which hopefully you won't ever have to change or upgrade. Any extruder, end stop, LCD, or hotend wiring is all exposed under the top frame components.

Alternatively, you don't have to send anything through the towers. The heated bed wiring and power supply wiring is being sent up a dowel/round rod attached to the rear of the Z-tower. This is actually how I have my extruders wired on my Rostock Max and is how the original Rostock Max assembly manual was written.
Current Machines || Rostock Max (V1) | V3DR ||
Previous Machines || Flashforge Creator Pro ||
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

bvandiepenbos wrote:nice work
good choice for wheels those Open Builds dual bearing V wheels work really well.
By the way, the open builds wheels run fine in the groove of plain old "1 x 1" aluminum extrusions like the 8020 brand. You don't need to use the vslot extrusions.
I am not sure, but the 8020 may save you a few bucks vs. vslot?
The factory sells pieces on ebay for good prices, look for "8020 Inc. Garage Sale" on ebay...
here is a link http://stores.ebay.com/8020incgaragesal ... 7675.l2563" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Is the 8020 brand close enough in dimensions that it could replace the vslot extrusions?
Would they fit the printed parts that are being created?
0110-m-p
Printmaster!

Post by 0110-m-p »

Eaglezsoar wrote:
good choice for wheels those Open Builds dual bearing V wheels work really well.
By the way, the open builds wheels run fine in the groove of plain old "1 x 1" aluminum extrusions like the 8020 brand. You don't need to use the vslot extrusions.
The factory sells pieces on ebay for good prices, look for "8020 Inc. Garage Sale" on ebay...
here is a link http://stores.ebay.com/8020incgaragesal ... 7675.l2563" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Is the 8020 brand close enough in dimensions that it could replace the vslot extrusions?
I do not think they will. I was thinking about getting a piece of 8020 though and redesigning the carriages for people in countries that have easy access to 20mm extrusion, but not v-slot.
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

0110-m-p wrote:
Eaglezsoar wrote:
I do not think they will. I was thinking about getting a piece of 8020 though and redesigning the carriages for people in countries that have easy access to 20mm extrusion, but not v-slot.
Wouldn't the top and bottom have to be-designed also?
0110-m-p
Printmaster!

Post by 0110-m-p »

Eaglezsoar wrote:
Wouldn't the top and bottom have to be-designed also?
Nope, it will work fine for any 20x20 extrusion.
Marco
Plasticator

Post by Marco »

i like the design. i don't get how the extra wiring goes back the z tower with a dowel.

so the 8020 brand is V-slot, and the metric 20x20mm is T-slot, correct?

so it can't take both extrusions without a redesign?

any updates ?

Return to “What are YOU making?”