Mouldy

Show off your latest creations, whether 3D printed or not
Captain Starfish
Printmaster!

Mouldy

Post by Captain Starfish »

This week's project.

It probably would have been quicker (all day print) to just mill this out of aluminium billet which I'll end up doing when I'm happy with the design, but it's a heck of a lot cheaper and polishing ABS takes a lot less elbow grease than 6 series aluminium!

A mould for a bit of dive kit I'm working on.

[img]http://www.simonlockwood.net/linky/hud/draftmould.jpg[/img]
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: Mouldy

Post by Eaglezsoar »

Looks like a cool print but I know nothing about diving and what this would be used for but you do and that's the key!
Happy Printing and Happy diving and watch out for the sharks!
“ Do Not Regret Growing Older. It is a Privilege Denied to Many. ”
Captain Starfish
Printmaster!

Cheers. What you're looking at isn't the bit of dive kit, it's a mould for making the case for it. The final part, wrapped around the PCB at the bottom, is a monitor for watching the amount of oxygen in a rebreather. Too much and you convulse, lose the mouthpiece and drown. Too little and you pass out, lose the mouthpiece and drown. So you have to keep an eye on it and keep it within a certain range. So a shark can get you instead. A bit topical at the moment, a diver was taken locally by a white shark last weekend. We were in the water about 20km away when it happened. Sad day and a lot of nervous divers here at the moment.
Qdeathstar
Printmaster!

Post by Qdeathstar »

Honesty, when I saw the title I was worried the melamine of your printer had turned moldy....
Captain Starfish
Printmaster!

Oddly enough, when I saw it in the new posts listing this morning I thought "uh oh, what muppet has rotted his printer? Owait, meeeee"
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

Captain Starfish wrote:Cheers. What you're looking at isn't the bit of dive kit, it's a mould for making the case for it. The final part, wrapped around the PCB at the bottom, is a monitor for watching the amount of oxygen in a rebreather. Too much and you convulse, lose the mouthpiece and drown. Too little and you pass out, lose the mouthpiece and drown. So you have to keep an eye on it and keep it within a certain range. So a shark can get you instead. A bit topical at the moment, a diver was taken locally by a white shark last weekend. We were in the water about 20km away when it happened. Sad day and a lot of nervous divers here at the moment.
Nervous divers? I would have to change my wetsuit, I would be that scared. Keep Safe!
“ Do Not Regret Growing Older. It is a Privilege Denied to Many. ”
Captain Starfish
Printmaster!

Fortunately for my drysuit, I didn't find out about it until I was home and dry...

It certainly keeps the sport exciting.

Return to “What are YOU making?”