Aluminum and carbon fiber E3d V6 mount. RELEASED!

Show off your latest creations, whether 3D printed or not
travelphotog
Printmaster!

Re: Aluminum and carbon fiber E3d V6 mount. RELEASED!

Post by travelphotog »

From what I am seeing here, you will need the SeemeCNC lock ring in your kit. it holds the YJ board about 1-2mm above the screws that secure the lock ring and it centers the SeemeCNC hot end in the mount. The YJ nylon screws should not be needed, but pick the YJ option (free) in the options when you order so we will include the screws to be safe. If you have one of the newer YJ with the jumpers by two of the three inner screws, then you can go without the SeemeCNC lock ring and just attach the YJ to the mount and the hot end to the YJ, but you would need to use your stock SeemeCNC wood spacer to make up for the height needed to engage the nut on the YJ. The mount and the YJ without the adapter lock ring are not tall enough engage the nut and secure the hot end to the YJ. If you want I can shot a few pictures of the SeemeCNC hot end on the mount with and without the lock ring and the YJ. Just let me know.
http://713maker.com/ Custom aluminum and carbon fiber hot end mounts for the Rostock Max and Orion.
Jimustanguitar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Jimustanguitar »

I used the YellowJacket board as the clamp for my mount. You can do it that way, if you want.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/dO2aWnD.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i.imgur.com/eLt4Qa6.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i.imgur.com/Tpa6ven.jpg[/img]
SEBRET
Printmaster!

Post by SEBRET »

So the seeme lock ring replaces the wood spacer? That makes since now that you say it. Thanks
travelphotog
Printmaster!

Post by travelphotog »

New mounts starting their journeys!! UK, Canada and USA in this batch!
2015-10-21 15.18.29.jpg
The response has been amazing! We even got an order from Australia today. Very excited to see the mounts heading out internationally! We are milling like crazy to keep up and will have another shipment going out shortly. You guys have cleaned me out of pretty much every single mount I have stocked up and milled to get ready for the release. We are plating up two mills tonight and should be restocked shortly. I hoped the mounts would be well received but I seemed to have underestimated the level of demand right away. I thought 50 kits would be enough to start but you guys have blasted right through those and more! If we get too far behind I might halt orders for a day or two on the website to get caught up. But we are milling as fast as we can and have no plans to stop. So if you hit the website and it mentions we are restocking, We just do not want too many folks waiting on orders while we catch up on milling. I can assure you we have no plans to stop producing mounts any time soon.

Thanks again to everyone for their great support of this project. I am really looking forward to pictures of the mounts installed on printers! Some of these color combos are really beautiful and we love packaging the orders and seeing the pieces together. We decided on a vacuum seal process to protect the mounts in the mail. It keeps the pieces from scratching each other and is easy for us to double check each order as it ships. It also allows us to package the custom kits with ease. Each kit is sealed in tough plastic to protect it in the mail and padded in the box. So have a good pair of scissors handy when your order arrives guys!
Last edited by travelphotog on Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://713maker.com/ Custom aluminum and carbon fiber hot end mounts for the Rostock Max and Orion.
DerStig
Printmaster!

Post by DerStig »

AWESOME I can't wait to get mine!
forrie
Printmaster!

Post by forrie »

Australian here... Can't wait to see how the mount performs upside down! [img]http://the-delands.net/geo/two/smileyUpsideDownNA.jpg[/img]
I'm not an alcoholic...I'm Australian!
DSteck
Printmaster!

Post by DSteck »

Got mine today. Looks great. Is the middle set of holes not supposed to be tapped?
travelphotog
Printmaster!

Post by travelphotog »

If itnis a dial mount then it does not matter. If it is a hot end mount, then yes it should be. Contact me at [email protected] and I will get it sorted if there is an issue. If one slipped through untapped then I will get a replacement shipped ASAP on my dime.
geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by geneb »

I love the food saver packing. :) Unfortunately, I can't use 'em yet as I've had a project shoe-horned to the head of the line....which will trigger a 4th Ed. of the manual. Muahahaha. :D

g.
Delta Power!
Defeat the Cartesian Agenda!
http://www.f15sim.com - 80-0007, The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - Technical and Simulator Projects
travelphotog
Printmaster!

Post by travelphotog »

DSteck wrote:Got mine today. Looks great. Is the middle set of holes not supposed to be tapped?
OK I just got home and I put my hands on a mount I have here still ( sold out a few days ago) it is the mount I used in the Bowden lock ring photo shoot. It is tapped and in perfect condition. I will get it in the tumbler right now and get it anodized tonight and out the door tomorrow in the mail. I have updated our pre mail check list to include checking ALL tapped holes with a 20MM M3 screw to make sure they are tapped 100% moving forward.
travelphotog
Printmaster!

Post by travelphotog »

geneb wrote:I love the food saver packing. :) Unfortunately, I can't use 'em yet as I've had a project shoe-horned to the head of the line....which will trigger a 4th Ed. of the manual. Muahahaha. :D

g.
I am searching for some good unbranded vacuum packaging still. But I felt it was the best way to package the mounts and make sure they did not get scratched in the mail and still allow for the variety of components to be packaged up with ease. The labeling on the bags drives me mad, but it does work very well. Looking forward to your thoughts on the mounts when you have time and also looking forward to seeing the new manual and waht new treats you guy shave cooked up for everyone to cause a rewrite!
travelphotog
Printmaster!

Post by travelphotog »

My Code Monkey is going to update the site shortly with assembly instructions for the mounts. These are the renderings of the mounts and screws. There are 3 flat head screws (cone shaped under the head) with each mount and 3-6 pan head (slightly domed shaped head). You can put it together how you like best, but I include the flat head screws so the mount is centered in the effector plate mounting holes by the cone of the flat head screws. Again it is a matter of preference overall and does not effect performance really. These renders will be updated to the website shortly.
basic kit assem r3.jpg
basic kit assem R2.jpg
drunkenmugsy
Printmaster!

Post by drunkenmugsy »

Got mine today too. Finish looks oh soooo good. Put together with my E3D Lite it looks pretty great. Fit of the groove mount is tight! Very good tolerance. I was expecting a much bigger mount for some reason. Its so tiny!

The only issue I saw was the carbon fiber support tubes. The mounting holes are a little off center or there is some play in the mount. Not a huge deal though. I was able to rotate them a bit and get them to be flush. That may just be due to the through hole on the groove mount having enough play to allow them to move that much. I have not looked at it closely enough yet to tell for sure but I think that is all it is. Minor issue...

Great product. Happy with it so far!
713makerMount.resize.jpg
geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by geneb »

I think the vacuum packing is an inspired idea. It's perfect for the application.

I dare you to stick a single Gummi Bear in with each mount. :D

g.
Delta Power!
Defeat the Cartesian Agenda!
http://www.f15sim.com - 80-0007, The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - Technical and Simulator Projects
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

geneb wrote:I think the vacuum packing is an inspired idea. It's perfect for the application.

I dare you to stick a single Gummi Bear in with each mount. :D

g.
I wonder how much the Gummi bear would swell? I was thinking it would be great to eat it inflated like that but I hear that breathing in a vacuum is difficult for us mere mortals..
DSteck
Printmaster!

Post by DSteck »

travelphotog wrote:My Code Monkey is going to update the site shortly with assembly instructions for the mounts. These are the renderings of the mounts and screws. There are 3 flat head screws (cone shaped under the head) with each mount and 3-6 pan head (slightly domed shaped head). You can put it together how you like best, but I include the flat head screws so the mount is centered in the effector plate mounting holes by the cone of the flat head screws. Again it is a matter of preference overall and does not effect performance really. These renders will be updated to the website shortly.
basic kit assem r3.jpg
basic kit assem R2.jpg
I found that the pan heads didn't really want to seat down through the mount into the carbon fiber stand off, but the flat heads drop in just fine.
travelphotog
Printmaster!

Post by travelphotog »

Do they seem short for some reason? The pass through hole was left oversized to make sure they would fit OK. But it is really which ever way works best for your setup
DSteck
Printmaster!

Post by DSteck »

The pass through fits cleanly, but the counterbore doesn't seem large enough in diameter.
travelphotog
Printmaster!

Post by travelphotog »

DSteck wrote:The pass through fits cleanly, but the counterbore doesn't seem large enough in diameter.
Hmm Ok I will double check the toolpaths on the next batches.
travelphotog
Printmaster!

Post by travelphotog »

OK I went back and checked some mounts I have here.. We did a few runs that tanked ( which became color samples ) and right after that the two runs of mounts that just went out. It looks like those sets of mounts which should have a mount hole countersink hole size of 6mm, turned out at 5.77m or so instead which is just enough to not allow the intended pan head screws to fit the countersunk holes. The flat head screws are the same length ( 10mm ) but are about .25mm smaller in head size, which lets them set into the countersink hole. If anyone feels that switching these screws from top to bottom spots is an issue, please contact me at [email protected] and I can arrange to get you a mount with the correctly .2mm bigger top countersunk hole size so the pan head screw will fit instead of the flat head screws. I am tracing this back to find where the spec got changed at and to make sure it does not happen moving forward. Coming off the CNC mill and being the ( I thought ) same CAD model, I missed checking each batch for this countersunk hole size. We checked hot end fitment, but dropped the ball on checking the hole size in question as .2mm was too small to not stand out as being off. Lesson learned.... Again if anyone has an issue, contact me at [email protected] and I will arrange for a new mount to be sent out and send a return label for the bad one in exchange.

Matthew
crocky
Printmaster!

Post by crocky »

Just ordered another one from Australia :) in orange.....
Bob
Rostock Max V2, Ball Cup Arms, New Carriages, HE280, Dampers, PSU Breathing, Simplify 3D, GeckoTek3D, Raspberry Pi3. Duet soon... Kossel Mini still under construction.
Delta's are the way!
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

crocky wrote:Just ordered another one from Australia :) in orange.....
I would love to see the orange one after it is mounted, maybe you can send us a picture! :)
travelphotog
Printmaster!

Post by travelphotog »

Just about caught up on mounts and getting ready to ship out the latest wave of orders which will get us all caught up. We junked over 25 mounts due to the screw clearance issue and I have been working hard to mill out new ones and get caught up on anodizing. As soon as the mill clears at 6am tomorrow I will be cutting the last of the carbon fiber needed to get some orders out. We should be caught up 100% with all orders by Friday in time to mail them out. I am sorry for the delay guys and I am working hard to catch up. We did change the turn around time on the website for orders moving forward. You guys have been keeping me slammed and that is a good thing. But the screw size issue and a few replacement mounts really delayed me getting all the orders out as fast as I would have liked. I am anodizing a ton of stuff tonight and tomorrow as it comes off the mill and just have to get carbon tubes cut to finish most of the orders. Thanks for the great response to the mounts and I hope to stay ahead of the curve moving forward.

Matthew
KAS
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by KAS »

Just wanted to chime in and say everything received looks great! I plan on using it with a new printer build.

By chance do you have a design already made for the indicator mount insert?
travelphotog
Printmaster!

Post by travelphotog »

KAS wrote:Just wanted to chime in and say everything received looks great! I plan on using it with a new printer build.

By chance do you have a design already made for the indicator mount insert?

Glad to hear everything showed up well and you are happy with the mount. I will attach the STl for the dial here. It is a TIGHT press fit for the inner ring that holds the indicator and might not fit every one out there. I have three styles here and this only fits two of them as the third is smaller. If you or anyone else needs one for a different size just let me know. It is designed to be printed on the side with supports and both fittings are tight so it will not move around while being used.
dial indicator holder e3d mount R3 flats 6.5.STL
(42.07 KiB) Downloaded 172 times
So I just have to put finish putting together the carbon fiber spacers and all the current orders will be complete at last and shipping out!! Today / tonight was a FULL day of milling and anodizing. I have a bit more carbon fiber to cut in the AM and then the epoxy needs to cure before we package up and mail them out. A few package will post tomorrow and ALL outstanding orders as of 2am 10/30 will post by Saturday at latest so the epoxy can cure in the last of the spacers. REALLY looking forward to having all orders out the door and relaxing a bit this weekend (like that will happen). Thanks to everyone for the great response!

Here is a sneak peek at the final anodize run from tonight. The afternoon's items are already in their bins and waiting on these guys to join them tomorrow!
2015-10-30 02.27.24.jpg

Return to “What are YOU making?”