Carriages don't seem to be lining up.

Here's where you can find the official (and unofficial too) things like assembly instructions etc...
netdefilr
Prints-a-lot

Carriages don't seem to be lining up.

Post by netdefilr »

I'm building the cheapskate carriages and the bolts don't appear to go in perpendicular from the eye side to the axle side. The bolts with the cheapskates are on all slight angles.
Not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I have a recent kit.
nitewatchman
Printmaster!

Re: Carriages don't seem to be lining up.

Post by nitewatchman »

You need to reverse or turn over one plate. The holes are not on a square pattern but rather a trapezoid. The adjusting wheels are inside the fixed wheels for stability.

This is an issue that comes up fairly often.

nitewatchman
geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by geneb »

nitewatchman wrote: This is an issue that comes up fairly often.

nitewatchman
What I don't get is HOW? Do I need to put in better photos?

g.
Delta Power!
Defeat the Cartesian Agenda!
http://www.f15sim.com - 80-0007, The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - Technical and Simulator Projects
Holy1
Printmaster!

Post by Holy1 »

geneb wrote:

nitewatchman

g.
I just assembled mine 1/2 hour ago and they went together easily. Seemed straight forward. The photos are clear enough. Maybe dyslexia? ( :) Just kidding)
Orion to Cartesian http://forum.seemecnc.com/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=7808" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
BONE
Printmaster!

Post by BONE »

geneb wrote:

g.
I do find the manual a bit wordy and it is was easy to miss things. Stuff about the offset hole on the cheapskates, and other things, should be in BOLD RED LETTERS. More arrow and circled indicators on images would be nice also. Listing each step as a bullet point I think would help also. This would probably help reduce the page count also. I assembled the cheapskate wrong the first also. I see no reason to "pokey yoke" the cheapskates plates, but more so the pivot mount that mounts to the inside plate. There are certain holes that need to symmetrical and those do not need to be.

Pretend that all the customers are workers out on the assembly floor. You want to train us how to assemble the machines in as few steps as possible and in a timely manner, while at the same time making sure that nothing can be put together backwards, upside down, or inserted the wrong way. Maybe the methods that I've been using as a design engineer are wrong, but thats just my two cents.
The BONE ZONE build thread.
HesDeadJim
Printmaster!

Post by HesDeadJim »

geneb wrote:

nitewatchman

g.
That's where I messed up too. I swear we looked at the pictures a dozen times to make sure we had it the same and ended up with them not lining up right. Still ended up with the "eyes" looking left instead of right. No biggie but it was a confusing part of the build and we had to dismantle one side of each of the skates to make it work.
Steve S. (HesDeadJim)
Omaha, Nebraska
Rostock Max v2

"I am Dyslexia of Borg. Fusistance is retail. Your ass will be laminated."
BONE
Printmaster!

Post by BONE »

I say make the four holes a perfect square so it doesn't which you put the plates together. Get rid of the laser cut eyes and replace with a sticker.
The BONE ZONE build thread.

Return to “Rostock MAX Official Docs”