2nd Edition Review Thread

Here's where you can find the official (and unofficial too) things like assembly instructions etc...
JohnStack
Printmaster!

Re: 2nd Edition Review Thread

Post by JohnStack »

That makes me think of something.

Since there is very low voltage in the end stop wires, I'm wondering if you don't combine all three into one (routing them across on top) and then run other wiring in the centers of the t-slot? (Has someone posted this before, seems kinda obvious. I can't see the top of my machine since my workbench is at about waist high.
Technologist, Maker, Willing to question conventional logic
http://dropc.am/p/KhiI1a" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by geneb »

The opening in the center of the T-slot really isn't large enough for much else.

g.
Delta Power!
Defeat the Cartesian Agenda!
http://www.f15sim.com - 80-0007, The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - Technical and Simulator Projects
kbob
Printmaster!

Post by kbob »

geneb wrote:The opening in the center of the T-slot really isn't large enough for much else.

g.
The three limit switches share a common ground, so only four conductors are needed. A four conductor ribbon cable would fit with just a little curling. You can separate the conductors where it needs to bend sharply, e.g., at the top of the extrusion.

The extrusions would make much better electrical shields if they were grounded.
carter
Printmaster!

Post by carter »

I'll pre-preface this with: I think i answered my question, but since i was confused, maybe other people will be too. A picture from head on with the end of the screwed in axle would help clarify things.

I'd like to preface this with - I didn't read all the way through your exellent manual. i try to read 5 pages ahead, but my ADD starts kicking in if I don't start getting my hand dirty. so maybe this becomes more clear as i go on. props to kbob for his through editorial before he even opend the box btw

i am confused on how the first 3 axles should sit. are they loose or held tight?

on page 85 it says:
Test each u-joint [carriage base?] by spinning it on the axle. They should all spin freely.

Ok. i think i just answered my question. you're talking about the aluminum dealy-bobs? there's four different things called "u joint" here so it's a little confusing. I have noticed other minor nomenclature inconsistencies, but this one really threw me for a loop. I think it would help to add (#) in reference to a given section's part list every time a part is mentioned.

page85:
Make sure that the axle is fully seated in the channel provided in the u-joint carrier. The #4 screws will be flush with the face of the u-joint carrier when the axle is properly seated.

so just to be clear, you need to push the axle down really hard and it should not move. correct?

Return to “Rostock MAX Official Docs”