Voltage to print head but no heat

Having a problem? Post it here and someone will be along shortly to help
Benkrygsheld
Plasticator

Voltage to print head but no heat

Post by Benkrygsheld »

So got me new part and got my screen up, yay. Moving through to calibration and I can't get my print head to heat up.

The temperature on the head registers roughly room temp, and if I hold a blow dryer on it I can get it to go up and down. So that's working.

I've checked the voltage on the Rambo going to the head and it measures 12.3. I than checked the voltage just past my solder joints at the head. It is also 12.3. I also get the red LED lights to come on as well as my PEEK fan. If I turn off the print head, the voltage drops.

I'm not sure if this helps bit my print bed does heat up.
nebbian
Printmaster!

Re: Voltage to print head but no heat

Post by nebbian »

You might have a broken hot end heater, or wires that go to the hot end heater. Inspect carefully, and measure the resistance of your hot end heater.
Benkrygsheld
Plasticator

Post by Benkrygsheld »

OK, next question when you say hot end heater where am I placing my leads exactly?
barry99705
Printmaster!

Post by barry99705 »

Benkrygsheld wrote:OK, next question when you say hot end heater where am I placing my leads exactly?
Both sides of the heater resistors. Close as you can get without touching the extruder.
Never do anything you don't want to have to explain to the paramedics.
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

Solder joints at the head? Where does the manual say to use solder joints at the head?
We need more info and a picture of the wiring at the hotend would be great, we will help you
solve this if you can give us more info on how you wired the hotend and if you are using a heat cartridge or resistors to heat the hotend.

Return to “Troubleshooting”