Orion will not home

Having a problem? Post it here and someone will be along shortly to help
Kevinvandeusen
Printmaster!

Orion will not home

Post by Kevinvandeusen »

Someone came in my store today, and decided to play with the lcd controls. Now when you ask to home, it just goes down about 25mm. I am baffled as to what they must have changed?
Distributor of SeeMeCNC in South Carolina
bot
Printmaster!

Re: Orion will not home

Post by bot »

I think they set a new Z height at an absurd value. Try resetting it to a sensible value.
*not actually a robot
briankb
Printmaster!

Post by briankb »

I'm having this issue right now and it was because I accidentally pressed on the "Set Z Height" menu item. I have tried, what I thought would correct it, but it still only goes DOWN when I press Home. I would expect it to go UP when I ask it to home until it hits each of the switches.

What I've tried to no avail:
- manually move the hot end tip to just above the center of glass and resetting Z Height via same menu that got it messed up in first place.
- tried running Calibration which I assume would just ignore existing settings and start from scratch.
- CNC's: Rostock Max upgraded to v3.2, Prusa i3 MK3 MMU, Formlabs Form SLA, Shapeoko3 CNC, Palette+, Palette 2 Pro
- Software: Fusion 360, SpaceClaim Engineer, Simplify3D, Repetier Firmware & Host, VCarve Pro
joe
Printmaster!

Post by joe »

You could reset the z height in the eeprom( it's probably showing a weird number) to approximately the right value and then go ahead and then calibrate the z height normally.
Last edited by joe on Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
briankb
Printmaster!

Post by briankb »

joe wrote:You could reset the z height in the eeprom( it's probably showing a weird number) to approximately the right value and the go ahead and then calibrate the z height normally.
Isn't that what the LCD Menu "Set Z Height" does? I tried that a few times to no avail.
- CNC's: Rostock Max upgraded to v3.2, Prusa i3 MK3 MMU, Formlabs Form SLA, Shapeoko3 CNC, Palette+, Palette 2 Pro
- Software: Fusion 360, SpaceClaim Engineer, Simplify3D, Repetier Firmware & Host, VCarve Pro
joe
Printmaster!

Post by joe »

briankb wrote:
joe wrote:You could reset the z height in the eeprom( it's probably showing a weird number) to approximately the right value and the go ahead and then calibrate the z height normally.
Isn't that what the LCD Menu "Set Z Height" does? I tried that a few times to no avail.
Sorry, forgot to mention the you should do it in the eeprom first THEN use the LCD menu.
briankb
Printmaster!

Post by briankb »

joe wrote:Sorry, forgot to mention the you should do it in the eeprom first THEN use the LCD menu.
That worked. thanks Joe!!!!
joe
Printmaster!

Post by joe »

Sweet. You are most welcome.
tomcapizzi
Plasticator

Post by tomcapizzi »

By saying: "You could reset the z height in the EEPROM ( it's probably showing a weird number) to approximately the right value and the go ahead and then calibrate the z height normally." You are saying that I should re-send the Repetier config file back to EEPROM?

My menu selection on the Orion console for EEPROM settings are "Store to EEPROM" and "Load from EEPROM", I have wiped the EEPROM and resent the config file numerous times back to the RAMBo board with no change in results. When I home the printer, the head lowers about 1", and it will not configure Z height correctly.
matanyabs
Noob

Post by matanyabs »

have you found a solution? having the same problem
pouncingiguana
Printmaster!

Post by pouncingiguana »

The easy way to fix the problem (assuming you've got the newer hot end with the probe) is to connect with MatterControl (or whatever) and open a terminal. Run M502, M500, G29. This will reset the EEProm to stock values, Save, then calibrate to set your endstops, z height, and horizontal radius.

Return to “Troubleshooting”