HELP very weird situation

Having a problem? Post it here and someone will be along shortly to help
wildideas1
Printmaster!

HELP very weird situation

Post by wildideas1 »

ok this is day 3 of up and running. we have printed a geo coin a portal cube and a fish results are not the best Geo coin was ok fish decided it wanted to leave the bed and look for a stream on its own( lifted off plate), portal cube bottom was smashed and middle was real good then back to semi smashed effect. OK weird part . shut everything down went to bed this morning got up turned it all on and waited for boot up and mach3 to start turned on H-1 and then loaded calibration coin file through slicr loaded to mach 3 and started program. but everything decided to run at a DEAD Crawl, stopped checked x,y,z and all were beyond slow. checked motor tuning nothing changed yet I can get it to run but not like yesterday. I have tried the motor calibrate set up and even that is all creeping. can someone please help with this weird one.
Ian
michaellatif
Printmaster!

Re: HELP very weird situation

Post by michaellatif »

I am not too familiar with Mach3, but are you sure you have the correct units mm vs in set correct?
Mike Latif
H-1 #3
tom10122
Printmaster!

Post by tom10122 »

are they getting enough power? Maybe something blew on the control board or something
wildideas1
Printmaster!

Rwildseemecnce: HELP very weird situation

Post by wildideas1 »

Motors travel fine but minitue i start gcode program all of a sudden it goes mega slow
michaellatif
Printmaster!

Re: Rwildseemecnce: HELP very weird situation

Post by michaellatif »

wildideas1 wrote:Motors travel fine but minitue i start gcode program all of a sudden it goes mega slow
It sounds like your units are off, the machine is set to run in mm but the gcode is in inches.
Mike Latif
H-1 #3
guanu
SeeMeCNC Staff

Post by guanu »

Check your motor tuning in mach... specifically accel/vel of your A axis... if its low, it will make the whole machine slow..

my A axis motor tuning is
steps per: 287.2471825
Velocity: 700.2
Acceleration: 200
Keep in mind, my mach3 is calibrated for mm not inches.... so thats another factor to remember
if you can post what all your axis motor tuning is set at for a better idea... (steps per on the other axis will be different if you are using 1/8 steps or 1/16) which is why I didnt post mine...

Guanu
wildideas1
Printmaster!

Post by wildideas1 »

here are my tuning numbers. again what is weird is that for 2 days we printed fine and i turned off both h-1 and comp running mach3 and next day turned everything on loaded part did night before and then sloooowwww . mach 3 is in mm for my Mini Mill so i never changed that, also tuned motors and ran for 1st 2days. now when i check motor tuning and select any axis and say 30 it moves minute fraction instead of 30mm like before.

Ok here is
X axis= steps 31.4960663
v= 10068
A= 600.07494

Y-Axis
S=31.49606299
V= 10068
a= 10068
Z Axis
s=2519.691
v= 136.68
a= 34.170857
on A was only 2 steps different than what you listed.
does G force matter? if so how do you lock it in place.

thks
wildideas1
Printmaster!

Post by wildideas1 »

just checked the file i loaded and it says g21 set to mm.
wildideas1
Printmaster!

Post by wildideas1 »

ok just shut down mach 3 turned on mini mill and brought back up mach3 and ran a test hole pocket and all runs great still lost on H-1 issue
mhackney
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by mhackney »

wildideas1, I had similar odd issues with Mach and never quite figured out the issue but fixed the problem. Turns out, like you, I was controlling a mill with the same PC (as a test while I was finding a new PC for the printer ). When I would set the config for the printer, it would not always save properly. When I would restart the system, the printer config would be off in some way but the original mill config would be fine. It appears that Mach might have some internal funkiness switching between configs in mm and inches. I used Mach's internal calculator to set the steps per and that, believe it or not, fixed the problem. Here is my thread: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/SeeM ... ssage/2630

Please note that my config in that thread was for the 3 axis board and EasyDriver. Make sure to force a save of the conic file and restart to verify. It really seems like you may have stumbled on this too.

Since then, I have a different PC set up for the printer. I confined a fresh Mach install out of the box and it worked as expected. So, just because I like self-inflicted pain, I tried to bring over the Mach profile for my mill and try it. Guess what, it didn't work as expected! The mill (only the X and Y) axis crawled. This was with a known good profile. I didn't go amy further but it sure seemed like the
mixed in/mm issue" again.

Try it and report back.

cheers,
Michael

Sublime Layers - my blog on Musings and Experiments in 3D Printing Technology and Art

Start Here:
A Strategy for Successful (and Great) Prints

Strategies for Resolving Print Artifacts

The Eclectic Angler
wildideas1
Printmaster!

Post by wildideas1 »

Michael: my mill is set up and runs in mm so now i am even more confused. how are you saving your profiles. i have a profile for my mill labeled zyolotex based on the controller that drives it and it has its own xml file associated for that in loader. i built a seeme h-1 in mach3 with the xml file for it. so if mach 3 is closed down and each device has it own profile with its own xml how does the goofy effect happen.
Ian
mhackney
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by mhackney »

I have/had 2 separate XML profiles too. I have no idea what was going on. I googled and checked the Mach support forum. I found one other report of a very similar issue after looking for quite some time. The "fix" was to use Mach's built in motor tuning to calculate steps per. I tried it, and it worked for me. However, if both your machines are in mms, that is different than my and the other poster I found.

As I mentioned also, even moving a known good XML profile to a different machine that was configured for my H-1 in mm resulted in some strange issues.

Have you tried using the steps-per calculator? It's easy to use, does a good job and just might help.

cheers,
Michael

Sublime Layers - my blog on Musings and Experiments in 3D Printing Technology and Art

Start Here:
A Strategy for Successful (and Great) Prints

Strategies for Resolving Print Artifacts

The Eclectic Angler
wildideas1
Printmaster!

Post by wildideas1 »

Alrighty now we are up and running THANK YOU John from SEEME, turns out that when i motor tuned it in mm mach system didn't like it and it required inches due to my stand is inches but i run mm on my mini mill. screws on mill are inch's, overall it was confusing. but i printed 5 things right away and i will post them in what am i printing. came out good but definitively can be tweaked.
thanks again guy's cant wait for heatbed.

Ian

Return to “Troubleshooting”