Having Trouble With Slic3r/Repetier

Having a problem? Post it here and someone will be along shortly to help
HesDeadJim
Printmaster!

Having Trouble With Slic3r/Repetier

Post by HesDeadJim »

I need to pick a brain or two. I have a Rostock Max 2 and am running Repetier v 1.03 on my laptop connected to my printer. The issue I'm running into is when I try to load the "Tower of Pi" STL (fixed version) file from Thingiverse. It first tells me that the object is not manifold. So I tried using the netfabb app to fix it. Netfabb doesn't find anything wrong but I tell it to run the usual fix and then re-export the file back out. Even with the Netfabb "fixed" file I get the same "not manifold" error. I'm including a couple of screenshots ...the one is a shot of the "not manifold" error and the second is what happens if I go ahead and slice the file after disregarding the message. (yeah...hope springs eternal...lol).

Now, I've tried loading other files from Thingiverse and I get the "not manifold" error on almost everything I download. Even after running netfabb on them. So it doesn't seem to be limited to just the "Tower of Pi" file.

I had my friend Clay load the same Tower of Pi file from Thingiverse into his Repetier software (he's running an older version) and it loads fine without the "not manifold" error showing up. I'm using the latest version of slic3r 1.17. Could it be the slic3r program or the repetier?

Anyone else have this problem running the latest version of Repetier? Any help or suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Attachments
manifold.JPG
slic3r.JPG
Steve S. (HesDeadJim)
Omaha, Nebraska
Rostock Max v2

"I am Dyslexia of Borg. Fusistance is retail. Your ass will be laminated."
lightninjay
Printmaster!

Re: Having Trouble With Slic3r/Repetier

Post by lightninjay »

Just for S's and G's, try changing the slicer engine to Cura. See if you can go in and mirror most of your general settings between the two, as far as extrusion width, speeds, temperatures, etc, and see if it slices and prints?

I only have Repetier-host 1.0.3 loaded up in Arch Linux, so I'm not sure how it compares to the Windows variant as I've kept .97 on my Win7 laptop.
If at first you don't succeed, you're doing something wrong. Try again, and if it fails again, try once more. Through trial and error, one can be the first to accomplish something great.
HesDeadJim
Printmaster!

Post by HesDeadJim »

The trouble is with the new version of repetier. I uninstalled the current version and "downgraded" to 0.95F. The same "Tower of Pi" file that showed as not manifold in the newest version now shows manifold in the older version of repetier. Looks like they still have some bugs to sort out.

Here's the screen shots, same file, just different versions of repetier.
Attachments
repetier fixed.JPG
manifold.JPG
Steve S. (HesDeadJim)
Omaha, Nebraska
Rostock Max v2

HesDeadJim
Printmaster!

Post by HesDeadJim »

Ok, they released 1.0.4 of Repetier and I downloaded and installed it. The error no longer appears (apparently they fixed "something") and (bonus!) I have the new super cool interface. I really like the "Lay Flat" option button under the rotate menu as well. It has helped immensely while 3D printing the full size Halo armor pieces I'm helping with. :D
Steve S. (HesDeadJim)
Omaha, Nebraska
Rostock Max v2

DavidF
Printmaster!

Post by DavidF »

HesDeadJim wrote:Ok, they released 1.0.4 of Repetier and I downloaded and installed it. The error no longer appears (apparently they fixed "something") and (bonus!) I have the new super cool interface. I really like the "Lay Flat" option button under the rotate menu as well. It has helped immensely while 3D printing the full size Halo armor pieces I'm helping with. :D

I just down loaded the 1.0.4 version last night and I am seeing the error on the eiffel tower print. ???
http://www.youtube.com/user/aonemarine" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lost pla castings? see me
HesDeadJim
Printmaster!

Post by HesDeadJim »

Have you tried repairing the file using Netfabb and then re-exporting it out? That might help. Some files just need a little first aid...
Steve S. (HesDeadJim)
Omaha, Nebraska
Rostock Max v2

Return to “Troubleshooting”