*SOLVED*LCD displays "killed", cuts power to bed/hotend

Having a problem? Post it here and someone will be along shortly to help
Mike B
Printmaster!

*SOLVED*LCD displays "killed", cuts power to bed/hotend

Post by Mike B »

I was having issues with my bed getting up to temp so installed new power supply RM750. Now when I turn the bed and hotend either through LCD or Repetier, and do anything like home the printer, it shuts power off to the heaters and displays "killed" on the LCD. The printer is basically useless at this point. I added a copper heat spreader, PEI, power supply and Rambo cooling fan recently. I took the copper and glass off thinking maybe the Rambo was overheating and pointed fans at the Rambo with the LCD panel off.. still get same result. Any ideas?

**My Solution**
In case anyone else has this problem, reflashing the EEPROM was the solution. After power on of the Rostock Max, it would change from "Rostock Ready" to "killed" after about 10 seconds and reloading the EEPROM fixed it.
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: *SOLVED*LCD displays "killed", cuts power to bed/hotend

Post by Eaglezsoar »

Mike B wrote:I was having issues with my bed getting up to temp so installed new power supply RM750. Now when I turn the bed and hotend either through LCD or Repetier, and do anything like home the printer, it shuts power off to the heaters and displays "killed" on the LCD. The printer is basically useless at this point. I added a copper heat spreader, PEI, power supply and Rambo cooling fan recently. I took the copper and glass off thinking maybe the Rambo was overheating and pointed fans at the Rambo with the LCD panel off.. still get same result. Any ideas?

**My Solution**
In case anyone else has this problem, reflashing the EEPROM was the solution. After power on of the Rostock Max, it would change from "Rostock Ready" to "killed" after about 10 seconds and reloading the EEPROM fixed it.
That is a great tip and others have had the same problem. Now I will know what to advise thanks to your tip. Thanks!

Return to “Troubleshooting”