materslicer adding new bottoms in model

Having a problem? Post it here and someone will be along shortly to help
cswiger
Plasticator

materslicer adding new bottoms in model

Post by cswiger »

Hey - have enjoyed the Rostock Max V2 for serveral years now, still works incredibly well.
Just started playing with some t-glase, made a great demo model, the bed adhesion to gluestick is great.

I'm making an ambitios project to make a transparent lamp shade, have a profile image, made into an svg in Inkscape, spun into a round object in Blender, exported STL and loads into MatterControl looks great.

Problem happens on generate model, it looks great up to midway thru the rings, then a new bottom layer is created!

Here it is up to the error, so far so good:

Then BOOM a solid inside is created where it should be hollow, complete with solid bottom layer then infill

Anyone seen this behavior? Must be a function of how I'm creating the model, but it is all one solid piece from tracing the jpg in Inkscape thru spinning in Blender. Can load it into meshlab and looks good there.
cswiger
Plasticator

Re: materslicer adding new bottoms in model

Post by cswiger »

cswiger
Plasticator

Post by cswiger »

Yea, it was the mesh spin causing a problem, a quarter spin worked, 359.9 degree spin worked with a visible gap, then did 360 degree and merge close vertices in meshlab maybe that fixed it, or maybe using 64, anyway it comes out as expected now.
cswiger
Plasticator

Post by cswiger »

Still having this problem - not sure what it is, instead of using Blender mesh tool "spin" I'm using modifier "screw" which was recommended for closing the mesh etc - looks good up to layer 48:

then suddenly this inner disk appears for layer 49:

and back to normal for layer 50:

stl uploaded to http://swigerco.com/TardisLampShade_SolidScrew1.stl

Return to “Troubleshooting”