scaling in X and Y as it gets taller (z direction travel)

Having a problem? Post it here and someone will be along shortly to help
itsjesseyo
Plasticator

scaling in X and Y as it gets taller (z direction travel)

Post by itsjesseyo »

My parts are shrinking in the X and Y as is goes upwards in the z-direction. it appears to be fairly consistent - about .5 of shrinkage per 50mm of height. it does not appear to get more extreme if the part is wider, so I figured it's not the delta_radius / arm_radius, but I don't really know. The adjustment I made in that area just messed up my perfect bed calibration and didn't seem to fix the scaling.

I've had this problem forever and until recently I was rarely making parts that needed the precision fit that high up, but now I'm in need of a fix. thanks for the advice
dc42
Printmaster!

Re: scaling in X and Y as it gets taller (z direction travel)

Post by dc42 »

Is your tower spacing exactly the same at top and bottom? A larger spacing at the top would cause shrinkage with increasing height. If it's not that, maybe it's something to do with heat rising from the bed.
itsjesseyo
Plasticator

Re: scaling in X and Y as it gets taller (z direction travel)

Post by itsjesseyo »

yeah. tower tilt is my theory as well. I've never messed with it myself. it's been exactly as it came from seemecnc - accept that it has traveled a bit. I'll go find a way to measure that and see.maybe a tight cord around the top would make enough of a difference to do a quick test?

Return to “Troubleshooting”