Rostock Doesn't Home After Printing w/ Cura - Pic

Having a problem? Post it here and someone will be along shortly to help
webdr
Noob

Rostock Doesn't Home After Printing w/ Cura - Pic

Post by webdr »

Hi all, I'm having an intermittent problem with my RMV2 after switching to Cura. 3 times now it has stopped either at the end of a print or a few layers short, and doesn't home. The hotend just sits there on the print and melts the plastic. It happens with short and tall prints. I've attached my start and finish gcode, can anyone see anything that might contribute to this behavior?

Also, is my gcode flavor correct?
FB_IMG_1510982926085.jpg
IMBoring25
Printmaster!

Re: Rostock Doesn't Home After Printing w/ Cura - Pic

Post by IMBoring25 »

G-code flavor is correct if you have the stock electronics.

How are you loading the gcode to the machine? I found the upload function in Repetier Host had a couple of checkboxes for including start and end gcode that I have to clear to keep it from doing goofy things.
webdr
Noob

Post by webdr »

All I'm doing is saving the file to sd card from cura and printing. Is there something else I'm missing?

Side note: I don't even have repetier host installed. Should I be using it somehow with Cura?
IMBoring25
Printmaster!

Post by IMBoring25 »

Some people use one software to slice and another to interface with the machine, even if one of the software packages supports both, due to compatibility issues, features, or personal preference, so just using Cura doesn't necessarily mean you were using it for everything. I have about 10 minutes using Cura on somebody else's machine, so I don't know if there's a preference buried in the SD upload functionality that edits the gcode in some way. If you wanted, you could try uploading to SD from another host software.
webdr
Noob

Post by webdr »

Ok, I see. So Im using Matter Control to do any g-code work like calibrating the extruder and altering the PID's. In that case, I dont need Repetier Host, right?

Any ideas out there as to why this is happening?
webdr
Noob

Post by webdr »

Update: I did some more googling and found this thread with the exact same problem:

http://forum.seemecnc.com/viewtopic.php?t=4681

Turns out low speed SD cards and cards that are too high in GB storage will cause this. Interesting that this problem only started occurring when I switched to Cura with sd card printing. Im going to try one of my 8 gig class 10's and see if that helps. If it doesn't, Im going to try a class 10 4 gig and see.

Return to “Troubleshooting”