Advice to have a good Print

Having a problem? Post it here and someone will be along shortly to help
Gabbo
Noob

Advice to have a good Print

Post by Gabbo »

I don't why my 3D printer (Rostock max v3) does this error. I think that is an error of position.
Can you give me an advice?
Thanks in advance
Attachments
IMG_8775.JPG
IMG_8761.JPG
IMG_8760.JPG
pouncingiguana
Printmaster!

Re: Advice to have a good Print

Post by pouncingiguana »

What slicer and print settings are you using?
Gabbo
Noob

Post by Gabbo »

pouncingiguana wrote:What slicer and print settings are you using?
Hi, I use Matter control with slic3r...and I use this setting...
Do you need something else?
Thanks in advance
Attachments
IMG_8870.JPG
IMG_8869.JPG
IMG_8868.JPG
IMG_8867.JPG
pouncingiguana
Printmaster!

Post by pouncingiguana »

I see several issues with your settings, and MatterControl is pretty far behind when it comes to producing good prints. You might want to take a look at Cura. You can find a setup guide here (https://seemecnc.dozuki.com/Guide/Setti ... a+2.6.2/60) complete with instructions for downloading profiles that are tailor made for SeeMeCNC printers.
Roberts_Clif
Plasticator

Post by Roberts_Clif »

Hello;

I like MatterControl. There are occasions when using Cura slicing seems to go wrong, So I Have more than One Slicer.

So it just Happens that MatterControl is one to those I use. MatterContol Allows me to set supports rather than have Automatic supports.
If I notice the Model is not horizontal I can lay it flay on the Bed in MatterControl. If I want special Support I can raise the Model and have Support Generated beneath. MatterControl even has built in Model fix, though not good enough to replace my model repair programs.

Using Cura 14.04.6 - 3.0.3 is fine, though cura is not a fix for every model to print perfectly and like all slicers lacks in other areas.
So this is why I use Several Slicers, the Main Slicers I use are Cura, MatterControl, Repetier and Slic3r.
pouncingiguana
Printmaster!

Post by pouncingiguana »

I say use whatever is working for you, but if what you're using isn't working, I tend to steer people towards Cura. With our profiles it works well right out of the box for almost any print. It's much easier to tweak the Cura settings on the occasional part that doesn't print well the first time than it is to maintain 4 different slicers.
Roberts_Clif
Plasticator

Post by Roberts_Clif »

I don't see maintaining 4 Slicers any trouble as once they are set - basically they are set. All Slicers appear to be similar in operations.
Once changes are made simply save the Profiles and you are good. I for one am here to learn this 3D Printing Innovation.

If I make a mistake, then someone will correct me and again I will learn.
rootboy
Printmaster!

Post by rootboy »

Fire up Matter Control and connect to your printer. No need to heat it up. Lower the Z axis until it is around 100mm from the plate, and grab the hotend and wiggle it. Is it loose? Does it make a funny noise as it lowers to start the print? If so, it could be binding up (mine was). Are your belts tight?
Gabbo
Noob

Post by Gabbo »

rootboy wrote:Fire up Matter Control and connect to your printer. No need to heat it up. Lower the Z axis until it is around 100mm from the plate, and grab the hotend and wiggle it. Is it loose? Does it make a funny noise as it lowers to start the print? If so, it could be binding up (mine was). Are your belts tight?
Yes. I fixed the hardware and I also have a steel nozzle now, but doesn't change the result.
rootboy
Printmaster!

Post by rootboy »

Well, so much for the easy stuff...
thingismith
Printmaster!

Post by thingismith »

It looks like you're over-extruding on some layers. The way it over-extrudes on certain layers tells me it's likely a software issue; if it's not a setting, then mattercontrol itself. If you're desperate to stay with mattercontrol, I'd recommend checking "print outer layers first" (on the last screen you posted), see if that helps. It could be another setting, but I can't imagine what it could be now.

I do recommend trying other slicers, it'll help you better understand slicer settings. Personally, I like Simplify3d, especially since the update, but it is expensive, especially compared to those free slicers.

Return to “Troubleshooting”