Rostock Max w/ He280 Simplify3D settings

Having a problem? Post it here and someone will be along shortly to help
Tumbler
Plasticator

Rostock Max w/ He280 Simplify3D settings

Post by Tumbler »

Could anybody with a Rostock Max with the a He280 head using Simplify3D share their settings? PETG/ABS/PLA, any of them. Trying to really dial my machine in but having trouble with all the variables in the software. Is there a source online that has profiles for the various printing software titles out there? Found some Cura ones but no dice on Simplify3D. Thanks!
Tumbler
Plasticator

Re: Rostock Max w/ He280 Simplify3D settings

Post by Tumbler »

Anybody??? Is there nobody running a He280 with Simplify3D? Anyone know of a source that might?
geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by geneb »

I use these settings:
2mm retract
22.5mm/sec retract speed
4mm z-lift on retract
250mm/sec rapid moves

You want to also make sure that you're not printing too hot, especially with PLA. That leads to stringing. Note that the optimal printing temp with PLA can change with /every/ spool, especially some of the cheaper Chinese imports.

g.
Delta Power!
Defeat the Cartesian Agenda!
http://www.f15sim.com - 80-0007, The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - Technical and Simulator Projects
Doug68
Printmaster!

Post by Doug68 »

I have recently also purchased Simplify3D recently, I'm running into the issue where it won't center the part if you use all the bed.
i.e. I can print a part 280mm diameter but if I bring in a part that size the bed has to be set to be about 350mm diameter before it'll center the part on it.
At the moment I'm not sure if this center is really the center of the printer, anyone else seen this and can short cut me to the solution?
KAS
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by KAS »

I'm not in-front of the software, but you should have an Orgin settings option in the FFF (might be under gcode) . Make sure that's 0,0,0.
KAS
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by KAS »

Wait. not 0,0,0. It should be half of your bed diameter. so if you set the diameter to 300; it should be 150,150,0
drfuyutsuki
Plasticator

Post by drfuyutsuki »

A little late to the game on this thread, but here is my factory file for my V3.

https://dropfile.to/Sfm5kSw/
ivanhandler
Printmaster!

Post by ivanhandler »

Doug68 wrote:I have recently also purchased Simplify3D recently, I'm running into the issue where it won't center the part if you use all the bed.
i.e. I can print a part 280mm diameter but if I bring in a part that size the bed has to be set to be about 350mm diameter before it'll center the part on it.
At the moment I'm not sure if this center is really the center of the printer, anyone else seen this and can short cut me to the solution?
This happens all the time to me in S3D. All I do is to go to the top view and manually center the image. It's not elegant but it is easy and it works.

Return to “Troubleshooting”