RepRapFirmware E3D v6 tuning

Having a problem? Post it here and someone will be along shortly to help
Waycer
Plasticator

RepRapFirmware E3D v6 tuning

Post by Waycer »

Hi,

I've got a Rostock Max v2 upgraded with a Duet Wifi + FSR + E3D v6 and I'm not familiar with the way to tune my E3D v6. Under the M305 line I don't really know which value to put after the "B" factor. On e3d online it's written 4725, 4388 or 4267. And they say there is a C value, what is it ? My issue is that my hotend is always way cooler than what the termistor shows and I thought maybe it comes from that.

When I run the PID autotune, if I don't put "P0.5" at the end of the line "M303 H1 S240" it says my heater is overpowered and could reach 678°C... What does it means ?

Thank you
dc42
Printmaster!

Re: RepRapFirmware E3D v6 tuning

Post by dc42 »

See https://wiki.e3d-online.com/wiki/E3D-v6 ... apFirmware for how to configure the M305 command to set the right parameters for the E3D thermistor. The C parameter goes in the same M305 command.

The warning message simply means that your hot end will get very hot indeed if the heater gets left on full power for any reason. It's quite common ever since E3D started supplying silicone socks with their hot ends, because of the improved heat insulation.

HTH David
DeltaCon
Printmaster!

Post by DeltaCon »

If your hotend has a (significant) other temp than the thermistor shows (measured against a thermocouple I presume) you should first tune your thermister, and only after that retune your PID. I have no links at hand (being at a camping site) but there is extensive documentation to be found at google: duet dc42 calibrate thermistor
I am DeltaCon, I have a delta, my name is Con, I am definitely PRO delta! ;-)
Rostock V2 / E3D Volcano / FSR kit / Duet 0.6

PS.: Sorry for the avatar, that's my other hobby!
Waycer
Plasticator

Post by Waycer »

Hi,

Thank you for the answers. When you say I need to tune my thermistor, do you mean changing the M305 line with the proper B and C value or something else ?
dc42
Printmaster!

Post by dc42 »

If you are using a Duet WiFi or Duet Ethernet, then you shouldn't need to do any tuning other than the usual heater model tuning (equivalent to PID tuning in other firmwares). With the earlier Duets, it was sometimes helpful to tune the ADC offset and gain to get more accurate readings, especially around room temperature.

Return to “Troubleshooting”