Dual extrusion not using priming tower at end of print

Having a problem? Post it here and someone will be along shortly to help
cruzinbill
Plasticator

Dual extrusion not using priming tower at end of print

Post by cruzinbill »

So I finally got things working with dual extrusion. Everything seems perfect aside from one small issue. When it gets to the last color change it will change filaments but not go to the priming tower. It will just change then continue printing. So It ends up with the last layer having the wrong color for part of it.

You can see here where it began to prime using the right eye.

[img]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y268/cruzinbill/3D%20printing/IMG_1696_zpsm3uglzq9.jpg[/img]
pouncingiguana
Printmaster!

Re: Dual extrusion not using priming tower at end of print

Post by pouncingiguana »

Sounds like a slicing error. Please post what slicer and settings you are using.
cruzinbill
Plasticator

Post by cruzinbill »

I'm using mattercontrol still since it seems to give the most consistent results, plus simplify3d refuses to accept and allow me to slice dual extrusion designs, anyway...

I haven't changed much other than saying 2 extruders using shared temperature. Then I have wipe shield distance at 0mm and wipe tower size at 25mm and more or less making that smaller with each print till it gets to the best size for my taste.

Are there perhaps other settings that I have missed? I really don't see a lot that has to do with dual extrusion. Really just confused that it does perfectly until the last color change then it just ignores the tower.

Could this be associated with using raspi? Since you mentioned in the other post there are some bugs still with it.
ivanhandler
Printmaster!

Post by ivanhandler »

Hmm,
I'm using Simplify3d and have no problems with dual extrusion (aside from getting PVA to adhere on layer 1). I believe you should not be using the wipe shield, it is for when you have dual nozzles. I believe the tower is all you need and 20mm seems to work and I have seen others using it as well. Hope this helps.
cruzinbill
Plasticator

Post by cruzinbill »

I'm not sure what the issue is with simplify3d it just always tells me my printer doesn't support dual extrusion regardless how I set it up. I'll eventually try a clean install.

I'm not using the wipe shield it's at the default 0 value. I'll try 20mm next time on the tower I started high and have been working down.

Return to “Troubleshooting”