Stringing not getting any better

Having a problem? Post it here and someone will be along shortly to help
cruzinbill
Plasticator

Stringing not getting any better

Post by cruzinbill »

Since my previous issue of adhesion and an uneven first layer was so simple and I was overlooking it, this may be similar.

Essentially what I'm trying to find out is what else besides retraction length and speed can I adjust to get rid of stringing? It's quite terrible still and that's what I kee finding to adjust.

I'm up to 4mm of retraction at 50mm/s which seems like a lot to keep pushing it. Temps are 195 with pla. Which looks good other than that.

So should I just keep going higher or is there something else I can adjust to take care of it?
Polygonhell
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: Stringing not getting any better

Post by Polygonhell »

Variable in stringing

The Plastic - not all PLA is created equal, and PET is worse
Print Temperature
Retraction distance - If your using an HE280 or E3d I really wouldn't go higher than 2mm
Retraction speed
Part Cooling
Z Lift
Wipe Setting
Coast Setting
Travel Speed
Acceleration
Jerk
Print Speed

Assuming you are having issues with PLA.
And assuming you are printing as cool as possible and have as much cooling as you can get on the part, you've enabled at least Wipe, then after retraction and temperature, I'd mess with ZLift and Travel speed.
And FWIW - I have rolls of plastic I could never completely eliminate stringing on
cruzinbill
Plasticator

Re: Stringing not getting any better

Post by cruzinbill »

I don't have wipe enabled actually. Was thinking it was for something else all together. That's probably where the issue is. I will look into it.
Thanks!

Return to “Troubleshooting”