V3 PEEK Fan Running Constantly

Having a problem? Post it here and someone will be along shortly to help
Cidious
Noob

V3 PEEK Fan Running Constantly

Post by Cidious »

I finished building the Rostock Max V3 and when I turn on the power the PEEK fan just runs constantly. It runs when the Hotend is room temp, during prints (obviously) and after it has cooled back down to room temp. (Just in case I wasn't clear enough, the PEEK fan never shuts off)
Built with just the Stock Kit and online directions, nothing special, I haven't tried messing with the config yet...

I'm assuming something is not correct because I'm comparing it to my V2 PEEK fan which only runs while hot.

Is that normal for the V3? Maybe I have a short somewhere in my fan wiring or a config issue?
abecker
Printmaster!

Re: V3 PEEK Fan Running Constantly

Post by abecker »

My upgraded V2 with the HE280 doest the same. I think that is normal now with the new wiring.
geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by geneb »

It's not a PEEK fan - there's no PEEK in the hot end. :)

The fan does (and should) run constantly as there aren't enough wires to control the cold-section fan separately.

g.
Delta Power!
Defeat the Cartesian Agenda!
http://www.f15sim.com - 80-0007, The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - Technical and Simulator Projects
U.S. Water Rockets
Printmaster!

Post by U.S. Water Rockets »

geneb wrote:It's not a PEEK fan - there's no PEEK in the hot end. :)

The fan does (and should) run constantly as there aren't enough wires to control the cold-section fan separately.

g.
Since you are running I2C to control the accelerometer, what are the chances of doing a future variation of the HE280 that cuts the wiring down to Just 4 wires (+12/GND/SCL/SDA) and using an I2C GPIO IC on the hot end to expand the I2C bus into the various switching control signals for multiple fans/lights/hot ends?
geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by geneb »

I'm not doing anything. You'll need to ask SeeMeCNC directly.

g.
Delta Power!
Defeat the Cartesian Agenda!
http://www.f15sim.com - 80-0007, The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - Technical and Simulator Projects
Xenocrates
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Xenocrates »

U.S. Water Rockets wrote:
geneb wrote:It's not a PEEK fan - there's no PEEK in the hot end. :)

g.
Since you are running I2C to control the accelerometer, what are the chances of doing a future variation of the HE280 that cuts the wiring down to Just 4 wires (+12/GND/SCL/SDA) and using an I2C GPIO IC on the hot end to expand the I2C bus into the various switching control signals for multiple fans/lights/hot ends?
I know Dave crocker (DC42, duet firmware dev), was thinking of doing something similar. and mentioned in on the reprap forums. Maybe ask him as well.
Machines:
Rostock Max V2, Duet .8.5, PT100 enabled E3D V6 and volcano, Raymond style enclosure
Automation Technology 60W laser cutter/engraver
1m X-carve router

Sic Transit Gloria Mundi
01-10011-11111100001
Noircogi
Printmaster!

Post by Noircogi »

One problem is that the I2C protocol is pretty susceptible to data errors from external electrical sources, especially with long wiring. I think that may be why the probing is always done cold, so the heater is not turning on and off.
Qdeathstar
Printmaster!

Post by Qdeathstar »

I2C isn't really a great choice... It's meant for short lengths... 3ft is kind of pushing it.. Serial would have been the better choice.

Return to “Troubleshooting”