HE280 Nozzles . what type ?

Having a problem? Post it here and someone will be along shortly to help
gurusonwheels
Plasticator

HE280 Nozzles . what type ?

Post by gurusonwheels »

what type nozzles are compatible with the HE280 hotend .

the website says the ones for the rostock max 2 are incompatible

i would like a 0.4 nozzle .

any ideas ?
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: HE280 Nozzles . what type ?

Post by Eaglezsoar »

They appear to be shipping with a .5mm nozzle. My advise at this time is to contact support at Seemecnc.com and ask if they can ship one with the .4mm nozzle.
These are so new that I do not believe that they have had time to work on providing different size nozzles but support can tell you for sure.
“ Do Not Regret Growing Older. It is a Privilege Denied to Many. ”
mhackney
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by mhackney »

I talked to the guys about this when I ordered my V3. The nozzles for the HE280 are unique to that hot end. They will be offered on the website soon.

Sublime Layers - my blog on Musings and Experiments in 3D Printing Technology and Art

Start Here:
A Strategy for Successful (and Great) Prints

Strategies for Resolving Print Artifacts

The Eclectic Angler
gurusonwheels
Plasticator

Post by gurusonwheels »

Lovely guess I'll return it then
mhackney
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by mhackney »

Could you be patient and use what you have for a few weeks?

Sublime Layers - my blog on Musings and Experiments in 3D Printing Technology and Art

Start Here:

The Eclectic Angler
gurusonwheels
Plasticator

Post by gurusonwheels »

Proprietary always is a mess
mhackney
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by mhackney »

It's open source. It all comes down to who wants to make them and extend the ecosystem. Pretty much all the open source hot ends on the market have a sole manufacturer. JHeads are an exception.

Start Here:

The Eclectic Angler
geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by geneb »

I hate to break it to you, but nobody can share nozzles across different hot end manufacturers. (as far as I know)

That being said, you could do something wild and crazy and contact SeeMeCNC directly to see what their plans are.

g.
Delta Power!
Defeat the Cartesian Agenda!
http://www.f15sim.com - 80-0007, The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - Technical and Simulator Projects
gurusonwheels
Plasticator

Post by gurusonwheels »

Lol. Is this site not theirs so in theory I am contacting them directly
Polygonhell
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Polygonhell »

This is an end user forum, they occasionally scan the site and respond but it's not the right way to ask SeeMe a question, just use the chat thing on the website, or send them an email.
I'd imagine the thread will be something standard, the issue with working with other nozzles is going to be thread length even if the thread is compatible. Look at the difference between a volcano nozzle and a standard V6 nozzle and those are both made by the same manufacturer, the geometry of the heater block is different, so the nozzles end up different.
Xenocrates
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Xenocrates »

Most hotends of note, E3D and the Merlin excepted (and the merlin largely because the manufacturer doesn't make the nozzles in the first place), don't have large volumes of off-brand nozzles, especially ones that do things the original doesn't.

Sure, Amazon has a load of counterfeit and shoddy generic nozzles. But most of them are either inferior copies, or near exact duplicates with no new features. The majority of the vultures don't want to bother doing the development work, even when it's handed to them on a stick, and they sure won't be doing it in only a month or two, which is the time span that the HE280 has been really available for anything but the Eris.

I remember reading though, that the HE280 uses an M6 thread like the E3D nozzles. However, I have neither a thread gauge nor a hotend in hand to check with. I'd ask them via email (so that their device actually goes bing at them to get their attention), or call the shop's phone to get confirmation.
Machines:
Rostock Max V2, Duet .8.5, PT100 enabled E3D V6 and volcano, Raymond style enclosure
Automation Technology 60W laser cutter/engraver
1m X-carve router

Sic Transit Gloria Mundi
01-10011-11111100001
IMBoring25
Printmaster!

Post by IMBoring25 »

I think someone said the e3d v6 nozzle was a little long but fit. Seems like it should work, and there's nothing else out there with which I'm familiar with their level of flexibility for nozzle sizes and materials.
gurusonwheels
Plasticator

Post by gurusonwheels »

Just saying. Its kind of like selling a ratchet with one socket and others not being available. This machine is also a tool that should have been ready on release . not wait a few weeks for the proper nozzles to complete different task . .
gurusonwheels
Plasticator

Post by gurusonwheels »

received a reply from them :
Thanks for contacting support.

We are using an M6 thread on the nozzles which is the same as many other hotends out there, though we have not tested with other manufactures nozzles.

We will be producing other sizes besides .5 in the near future.

If you have any further questions, or there is anything else we can help with, please let us know.

JJ
SeeMeCNC
so i still stand with my original question . what types are compatible ? im sorry if anyone misunderstood my question as asking if they was available .
geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by geneb »

You might want to see what thread pitch the E3D uses....

g.
Delta Power!
Defeat the Cartesian Agenda!
http://www.f15sim.com - 80-0007, The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - Technical and Simulator Projects
mhackney
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by mhackney »

I'll know what's what by the end of the week. My V3 arrives on Thursday and I have at least 1 of almost every hot end made (as an aftermarket item, with a few exceptions) that I've tested and have nozzles for. If a stock nozzle from any of the others fits I'll let you know.

Start Here:

The Eclectic Angler
IMBoring25
Printmaster!

Post by IMBoring25 »

Even billion-dollar auto manufacturers do phased rollouts of new products to simplify the manufacturing process and logistical footprint until things are rolling smoothly. What's the deal with all the folks throwing fits that these kinds of small operations making complex and relatively inexpensive equipment for hobbyists don't fit their narrow and seemingly arbitrary expectations lately?

Return to “Troubleshooting”